• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, nah. India, after Australia, is the easiest team to dislike in world cricket, IMO. I think most neutrals would be supporting Sri Lanka.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, nah. India, after Australia, is the easiest team to dislike in world cricket, IMO. I think most neutrals would be supporting Sri Lanka.
Butbutbutbut its SACHIN. Last WC, a final, on his home ground, with 99 international hundreds and a WC victory to only missing mark on his resume...

Kaiser

Cricket Spectator
Butbutbutbut its SACHIN. Last WC, a final, on his home ground, with 99 international hundreds and a WC victory to only missing mark on his resume...
Mmmmhhhhh.... I can see it going horribly wrong for Sachin on Sat. Think it'll come down to a battle of middle orders and India will win that. Would love a Sachin ton though, of course.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So India won last night? Ah well, bad luck Pakistan.

Hoping for a SL win now, obviously. India just too turgid a winner from a CW perspective.

Hope it's a good final though. Haven't had a close one in ages and ages.

Spark

Global Moderator
So India won last night? Ah well, bad luck Pakistan.

Hoping for a SL win now, obviously. India just too turgid a winner from a CW perspective.

That's not something we should complain about though :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Mmmmhhhhh.... I can see it going horribly wrong for Sachin on Sat. Think it'll come down to a battle of middle orders and India will win that. Would love a Sachin ton though, of course.
Wouldn't that just be the perfect end for Sachin? His 100th Ton and India lose nevertheless. Would sum up his career so perfectly.

But no. India are going to win this. I refuse to believe anything else.

Naturally if they lose I probably won't speak to another human for atleast 2 weeks...but that's not happening. Nope. Not at all. No way. India FTW. :ph34r:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't that just be the perfect end for Sachin? His 100th Ton and India lose nevertheless. Would sum up his career so perfectly.

But no. India are going to win this. I refuse to believe anything else.

Naturally if they lose I probably won't speak to another human for atleast 2 weeks...but that's not happening. Nope. Not at all. No way. India FTW. :ph34r:
Haha I feel the same way. In denial of anything but an Indian win. Sri Lanka are such a tough team to beat though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was just thinking that the other day. '96 was the last one, wasn't it? And even that was a comfortable chase for SL in the end.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Sri Lanka have the better all round team, but India have home advantage.
The team that wins the toss and bats first will probably win.

Sangakkara to ton up.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Mathews not likely for Saturday, and with him are only lower order bat.
"Despite the injury Angelo sustained while fielding, he is still with us, though on the face of it he would need a miraculous recovery to be able to play on Saturday in the Final." per Mahela

Silva and Kapu in same playing XI:sick:
Oh ****

Dissector

International Debutant
Obviously the toss will be crucial and chasing in a final is always difficult. Although the only team to pull of a significant chase in a World Cup final is playing the game.

There may be a loss of intensity from India after the huge win against Pakistan. Fortunately Sri Lanka is probably the best team to snap India out of any complacency because they will all remember the semi-final defeat in 96 after another huge win against Pakistan.

I would give the edge to India: 60-40. Their bowling may not be that great on paper but they can do the job. The batsmen have all made big runs against Sri Lanka at home and apart from Dhoni they have all made runs in this tournament as well.

Xuhaib

International Coach
would have been awesome to watch had they not played each other million times over the past year.

Weezy

Cricket Spectator
The least interesting and most overplayed match up in recent times.

No thanks, I think I'd rather watch my dog blow himself

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sri Lanka should play Perera if Mathews is out IMO. Don't like the idea of relying on ten overs from Dilshan against India.