• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Spark

Global Moderator
Dharmasena just got to see it live hasn't he really, hardly disguised
I don't blame the onfield ump for missing it but Menon missing it on the replay is up there with one of the more bizarre pieces of TV umpiring. Would have been up there with that infamous Khawaja dismissal where he missed it by about six inches had it been straighter.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is where the slow scoring of Marnus and Khawaja has come back to bite them. Another 60 runs and they would be alot more in the game. If the pitch has a bullet with your name on perhaps it is better to have 60 off 80 rather than 9 .
Not at all. They could have been all out for 150 half an hour ago if they played more aggressively, who knows
Yeah you missed something, it was Dharmasena
Nah he got it right it as the 3rd ump whoever that is

edit: the decision that is, he didn't see the edge I guess

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
No I mean the 3m doesn't refer to the ball stopping tracking or anything, it's just a umpire's call style warning if the batsman is a long way down the pitch
Yeah but surely it detects the first point of impact. Hawkeye doesn't know if it's pad or bat or whatever.

91Jmay

International Coach
I don't blame the onfield ump for missing it but Menon missing it on the replay is up there with one of the more bizarre pieces of TV umpiring. Would have been up there with that infamous Khawaja dismissal where he missed it by about six inches had it been straighter.
Yeah, is he allowed to just look at the replay though and go I can see he has hit it if sniko isn't conclusive? Dunno if he is like bound by procedure or something. But yeah was just a stinky review for absolutely every single reason

loterry1994

International Debutant
Not at all. They could have been all out for 150 half an hour ago if they played more aggressively, who knows

Nah he got it right it as the 3rd ump whoever that is
Slow scoring is alright but not scoring I don’t know what the plan is there the commentators said if a few wickets fall then Aus are in trouble and that’s exactly what’s happened

Shri

Mr. Glass
snicko data from another ball maybe. recently missed a nick in the ind-wi test series. might be similar to that here