• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That really is an incredible catch. It genuinely looked as if it passed him before he even moved, then he got it

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a weird innings.

I get what we’re trying to do but am not sure it’s working. Maybe if the lower order goes big it’s worth it - but as it is it just feels like a collapse is around the corner and there’s not enough runs to insulate it.

91Jmay

International Coach
If Marnus has gotten into his own head there about light that is hilarious. He was definitely moaning at the umps about something for sure and kept doing the dumb big blinky thing.

91Jmay

International Coach
I mean it's better than a normal 30/1 given the overs into bowlers legs, but another wicket and it is most likely our session unless Smith starts quickly.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean it's better than a normal 30/1 given the overs into bowlers legs, but another wicket and it is most likely our session unless Smith starts quickly.
It's almost a non-session if it ends up like that. Like both teams have sort of defaulted and agreed to just start after lunch.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Really strange approach from the Aussies in this innings.

We all understand the game position, a draw would suit them and there's weather about on Monday.

But you have to score runs. Labuschagne and Khawaja completely went into their shells and barely scored.

Then you nick off and the scoreboards gone nowhere - very strange.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really strange approach from the Aussies in this innings.

We all understand the game position, a draw would suit them and there's weather about on Monday.

But you have to score runs. Labuschagne and Khawaja completely went into their shells and barely scored.

Then you nick off and the scoreboards gone nowhere - very strange.
I don't think it's about the draw, it was just attempting to see out the session and hope it got easier later. But you make it harder for yourself if you show zero interest in scoring runs.