• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
WHOO YAY FOR THE COUNTER ATTACKING BELL AT 3! WOULD HAVE TURNED THIS SERIES COMPLETELY IF HE BATTED 3 IN ADELAIDE!

Shut up Chappelli.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ To be fair, he still would have been by far the best option at 3 for mine in spite of today's brain explosion.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WHOO YAY FOR THE COUNTER ATTACKING BELL AT 3! WOULD HAVE TURNED THIS SERIES COMPLETELY IF HE BATTED 3 IN ADELAIDE!

Shut up Chappelli.
Yeah I'm not watching channel 9, but did he mention Bell's 'take the game by the scruff of the neck' knock in the first innings? Or doesn't it count because he had a nightwatchman?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do the commentators know something we don't about Pietersen's retirement plans? Weird that Hussey replied like that to a comment about his series stats.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd think considering every bloke and his dog spent the last week talking about how underrated he is that is impossible wouldn't you?
There were questions about his place going into the first two or three tests. He'd been dropped for Agar a mere six months ago. Perhaps it's only that he's underrated by the Australian media and selectors. Give him one bad test and he'll have his place questioned again.

Or overrated, depending on which way you look it at. I see Gooch made the point in one of the press conferences that Lyon hasn't really got wickets bowling them out, caught in close or LBW, but instead has been gifted many of them.
This is exactly what I mean. He's done better than anyone could hope and yet he still gets criticised for his performance. No test match wickets are truly gifts. Just because a bloke is trying to smack you out of the park and miscues it doesn't mean the wicket is a gift. The bowler has to be doing something right for that to happen. In addition, Lyon suffered incredibly by Wade's ineptitude for a long time. His stats would be a lot better had Haddin or Gilchrist been behind the stumps.

Hooksey

Banned
Do the commentators know something we don't about Pietersen's retirement plans? Weird that Hussey replied like that to a comment about his series stats.
Won't come as a surprise to me. Has the look of a guy about to walk away from Tests and probably cash in on 20/20 cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ To be fair, he still would have been by far the best option at 3 for mine in spite of today's brain explosion.
Just annoys me that when Root scored in 2nd innings Adelaide no one mentioned the fact they were calling for Bell at 3. Bell then hits a 4 and a 6 in one over and suddenly "this is what England were missing all series". Then when he gets out no one mentions it again.

I possibly would have batted Bell at 3 post-Trott. However at the time the theory of (a) keeping Bell where he's scored all his runs, and (b) not shifting Bell and then shifting Root so there are two players batting where they weren't previously, wasn't the worst theory in the world.