• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gayle didn't open in the one he played and Ganga's right handed but Griffith is correct.
Noice, got nfi for the last one then, guessing it's a bowler, but the only other bowlers I can think of around that era for WI were Black & Dillon and I'm almost certain both of them were right handed.

EDIT: Wait, a spinner?

91Jmay

International Coach
Can't wait to see how long Cook's faith lasts with Borthwick. Good job they dropped the only other bloke who can bowl at least someway decent part time spin as well.

Jarquis

Noice, got nfi for the last one then, guessing it's a bowler, but the only other bowlers I can think of around that era for WI were Black & Dillon and I'm almost certain both of them were right handed.

EDIT: Wait, a spinner?
Indeed. Not an easily forgettable name either.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't wait to see how long Cook's faith lasts with Borthwick. Good job they dropped the only other bloke who can bowl at least someway decent part time spin as well.
Hey look on the bright side I've missed KP's big turn, pie, pie, big turn, wide, pie overs

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
How many overs before Cook brings on his "front line" leg spinner? Can't put Root on first this time.

Edit: lol beaten

Last edited:

Johnners

Expected Rankin at first change. Interesting.
Admmitedly without having seen Rankin bowl much, I reckon it's a mistake as well, Stokes has bowled enough half-volleys this series that it could be something that gets Watto set on his way.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be Cook's decision IMO. No point playing a bowler the captain doesn't want to throw the ball to.
Pretty obvious that Cook had no faith in him last test so hardly surprising
Not really, given Joe Root was the preferred spinner in Melbourne...
Just because it was expected, doesn't make it the right decision.

Yeah Panesar wasn't great, but let's be frank, many of the Australian side absolutely smash spinners. Borthwick will bowl as bad as Kerrigan did IMO.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Rankin often was the 5th or 6th bowler used last year for warwickshire. Not really a new ball bowler.