• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just because it was expected, doesn't make it the right decision.

Yeah Panesar wasn't great, but let's be frank, many of the Australian side absolutely smash spinners. Borthwick will bowl as bad as Kerrigan did IMO.
Well, for me, it's the right decision in as much as it's a waste of a space if Cook's not going to bowl him. Whether that should be criticised is a separate matter of course but yeah, once he wasn't using him in the ****ing 4th innings at the MCG then Monty had to go really.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Just because it was expected, doesn't make it the right decision.

Yeah Panesar wasn't great, but let's be frank, many of the Australian side absolutely smash spinners. Borthwick will bowl as bad as Kerrigan did IMO.
Everyone in the top 7 bar Rogers is likely to smash him. Would be good. Then Cook won't bowl him either.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rankin belting out God Save The Queen, that'll go down well in his homeland
well he was born in Northern Ireland so there is a 95% chance he is a loyalist, then again do you think anyone follows the Ashes in Ireland?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Do you reckon he'd still be behind Woakes, Barker and Wright in the Warwcks pecking order?

I just think they're better with the new ball. Generally he's used to rough up the middle order and tail and get some reverse swing. England might want him to take the new ball for warwickshire but that would be to warwickshire's detriment.

Rankin bowls too short and doesn't get conventional swing to full exploit english conditions. Woakes and Barker will always take more first class wickets than rankin in english conditions.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excited to see Rankin here.

Very, very surprised they dropped Root over Carbs. I know that Carbs has outscored him, but in 10/11 I really admired England for dropping Finn despite being the leading wicket taker, because it was easy to tell he wasn't bowling that well. Given the age difference and Carberry's last innings I was expecting them to make a similar call.