• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Nothern Knights NZ domestic team play entirely in pink for breast cancer. Good on them IMO.

howardj

International Coach
So Beer was picked because of his experience and expertise at the WACA. And now, when he finally gets a game, it's at a ground he has never seen let alone played at. It also just happens to be Hauritz's home track. :laugh:

Ruckus

International Captain
Apparently Bollinger is 12th man??? Wtf, he deserves the spot way more than Hilfenhaus.

Debris

International 12th Man
So Beer was picked because of his experience and expertise at the WACA. And now, when he finally gets a game, it's at a ground he has never seen let alone played at. It also just happens to be Hauritz's home track. :laugh:
Any chance of the transcript of the selectors meetings being released on Wikileaks. Would make fantastic reading if it existed.

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
Having two left armers may create a lot of rough outside the right handers offstump and that in sydney will play in to Swann's hand.

Spark

Global Moderator
Dougeh is known to have very very heavy feet. Very odd reason for a selection though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why? Why name the Test squad before the toss? Why give the oppposition that advantage, no matter how small it may be, or how predictable the team may have been anyway?

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the plus side it does give me time to go down to the SCG and knee-cap Hilf

Ruckus

International Captain
I don't buy those "will give Swann rough patches to work with" arguments. It might have some truth to it, but it doesn't validate selecting a bowler who has a poor overall record, still doesn't have a 5 wicket haul in 16 matches, and only has a few wickets in the entire series. Compare that to Bollinger who has been our best performer over the past year, has a very good overall record, and has a bloody exceptional record at the SCG in FC (averages something like 23 there). Hilfenhaus seems a good bloke and would be a useful bowler if our line up was different, but at the moment we need genuine wicket takers and he just isn't doing that. Now with Harris gone, if Johnson and Siddle have a bad day it is up to Hilf and Beer to take the wickets...I don't like our chances.

Craig

World Traveller
Any chance of the transcript of the selectors meetings being released on Wikileaks. Would make fantastic reading if it existed.
If the selectors and coach are not fired after this series, it will be a disgrace.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Haha ****.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the selectors and coach are not fired after this series, it will be a disgrace.
As an Oz supporter, I obviously want to see us do well but this is beyond a joke

There are 5 bowlers who live within an hour of the SCG that are more deserving of a spot than either Hilf or Beer

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS what a bunch of clowns

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nice pics, James. I assume the actual training session was closed?

It wasn't closed no, but there were too many people crowding that area and I couldn't get a decent photo unfortunately.

Did you tell them who you were and where you were from (owner of CW etc)?
No I didn't, they were rushing through, and didn't think it was the time or the place really.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did you tell them who you were and where you were from (owner of CW etc)?
Surely James wouldn't even have to do that? He walks in and everyone just 'knows' and allows James to do whatever the **** he wants.