• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Is this the same ground where Flintoff had Kallis in all sorts a few years back in terms of not being able to pick up the ball?

And ouch. Poor Shane. Finally gets to the 90s again, and he wears one.
That was Edgbaston I think.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
will be glad when Broad comes off, really not sure what's causing all the issues, but good short balls really do the trick sometimes.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best thing that can happen is Clarke farming the strike a bit here, but I suppose he's not playing Broad well so it's tough.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah that was Edgbaston. Notoriously bad seeing ground for some reason.
I think it was because there were executive boxes behind the bowler's arm which had blacked out windows, so if you had a tall bowler bowling from that end and were trying to watch the ball in his hand from the moment he started his run up it would be really difficult to see the ball as he enters his delivery stride because the ball would come out of the blackness of the windows.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Broad's bowled some seriously good spells that have gone without reward in this series. Could have taken so many wickets if he'd taken wickets during every good spell.

Spark

Global Moderator
will be glad when Broad comes off, really not sure what's causing all the issues, but good short balls really do the trick sometimes.
Clarke has episodes where he really does not see the short ball, this is one of them. Yet to see if it's completely messing up his footwork this time around though.