• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What a game that was. I only turned on Wolves vs Coventry as a last resort with nothing better to do, but it turned out to be one of the best I've seen in ages.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a game that was. I only turned on Wolves vs Coventry as a last resort with nothing better to do, but it turned out to be one of the best I've seen in ages.
Was really epic.

Looks like we'll remain in Division 3, need a couple of strikers for next season, but I guess most teams say that, and they aren't easy or cheap to come by.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Love seeing players get sent off for taking their shirt off tbh. The way people get weirdly outraged by it never fails to amuse me.

Niall

International Coach
Very poor from Liverpool not to have wrapped that up in the second half tbf.

Nonetheless a wild game, Mainoo will be a very special player.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Love seeing players get sent off for taking their shirt off tbh. The way people get weirdly outraged by it never fails to amuse me.
The only person who should be outraged is ten Hag, absolutely ****ing stupid second yellow to get.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Does he miss a league game or the semi? They ****ed around with the suspensions a bit a few years back and I’ve never been sure since

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I want to say the semi because it's a bog standard 2 yellows. I'm pretty sure it's straight reds which are an immediate suspension.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The only person who should be outraged is ten Hag, absolutely ****ing stupid second yellow to get.
I mean I don't feel strongly about the rule itself from a normative point of view. But the rule itself is very clear, not ambiguous in the slightest. But every time someone breaks it and gets sent off it brings out the "but but but he was just being passionate" mob of idiots, and I take great delight in their bewilderment.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think it's a ****ing stupid rule, but while it's a rule there's zero excuse for players to fall foul of it. Which is why I think ten Hag has a right to be aggrieved at Diallo being so stupid when he was on a yellow already.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Very poor from Liverpool not to have wrapped that up in the second half tbf.

Nonetheless a wild game, Mainoo will be a very special player.
Were we that dominant?

I didn't catch the game, 2nd one I've missed this season and from all reports it was pretty poor from both sides, needless to say I didn't bother with the replay haha. With some luck United will now make the final and give ETH a contract extension

Molehill

International Captain
Were we that dominant?

I didn't catch the game, 2nd one I've missed this season and from all reports it was pretty poor from both sides, needless to say I didn't bother with the replay haha. With some luck United will now make the final and give ETH a contract extension
Controlled much of the game, but Utd created far more decent chances and Rashford should've won it in normal time. That 2 of the Liverpool goals came via deflections as well should highlight the issues.

Meanwhile, in League 1 my lot with their best win of the season to put promotion almost in sight (and hopefully the title too).....