• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same as Dean Smith when he was at Villa, the brains behind it was Richard O'Kelly and when he left it went belly up and he has hardly done much at Norwich either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah that was all the noise coming out of Villa too. Though QPR had been on a bad run. Maybe he wouldn’t have jumped if they were still top.
I think with Beale there was an emotional attachment to us, I don't think he'd have jumped ship for anyone. He said when he left with Gerrard that he wanted the chance to come back and I don't think that was just the standard football bull**** that fans love to hear.

He lived in a fantastic area of Scotland as well and his family loved it up here so I think there were also non-footballing factors behind his decision.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Same as Dean Smith when he was at Villa, the brains behind it was Richard O'Kelly and when he left it went belly up and he has hardly done much at Norwich either.
Often happens. Ray Mathias was never as good for us once David Kelly went. Conversely though, Paul Ince was never as good without Mathias as his number two.

On the flipside, it was a shortlived narrative in the 90s when Brian Kidd left United and they had a bad run for a few games....

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I see they sneaked the FA Cup draw in somewhere today.

Preston v Huddersfield
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Chesterfield v West Brom
Manchester City v Chelsea
Charlton or Stockport County v Walsall
Boreham Wood v Accrington
Tottenham v Portsmouth
Derby v Barnsley
Cardiff v Leeds
Brentford v West Ham
Bournemouth v Burnley
Coventry v Wrexham
Norwich v Blackburn
Aston Villa v Stevenage
Luton v Wigan
Oxford v Arsenal
Fleetwood v QPR
Liverpool v Wolves
Grimsby v Burton
Blackpool v Nottingham Forest
Dagenham & Redbridge or Gillingham v Leicester
Forest Green v Birmingham
Bristol City v Swansea
Hartlepool v Stoke
Hull v Fulham
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Millwall v Sheffield United
Shrewsbury v Sunderland
Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle
Manchester United v Everton
Reading v Watford
Ipswich v Rotherham

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyway. 8 minutes of second half injury time in our game today with no massive stoppages. So possibly a sign of things to come?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So...the Arsenal-Lyon friendly match people were like we paid for a penalty shoot out and we will tack one on at the end of this match regardless of the match itself?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Championship is back today along side the rest of us peasants. It’ll be interesting to see if any EFL attendances are hit by the World Cup. Not that Portugal v Morocco is much of a lure to real fans of any club.
Half of League 2 has been frozen off already.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The Championship is back today along side the rest of us peasants. It’ll be interesting to see if any EFL attendances are hit by the World Cup. Not that Portugal v Morocco is much of a lure to real fans of any club.
Half of League 2 has been frozen off already.
Grimsby refused to move to an earlier KO today which TRFC requested to allow our fans to get home for the England game. Surprised it’s not been called off yet

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Grimsby refused to move to an earlier KO today which TRFC requested to allow our fans to get home for the England game. Surprised it’s not been called off yet
Baffles me that there hasn't been a blanket shifting of kick off times to say 1pm to allow that.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Baffles me that there hasn't been a blanket shifting of kick off times to say 1pm to allow that.
Was daft last week as all the games were 12.30 in case England were in the 3pm game but when they had a weeks notice they don't alter it. Bizarre.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Our Papa Pot match tomorrow is off already because of a frozen pitch. When we put our new pitch in in 2010 they advised against under soil heating because the climate is milder in the South West and it wouldn't pay for itself. I think the crowd would have been around the 2,000 mark tomorrow against a league average of around 15,000. The crowd for the rearranged date of December 21st is anyone's guess.