• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
IMO he's a bit indicative of the problems at Arsenal, starting a guy who wasn't good enough to get a game at Leeds in the Championship is troubling.
Just seems to be a poacher, basically. Doesn't really offer anything else in terms of link-up/build-up. And to be able to get away with that whilst playing for a top team these days your finishing basically needs to be laser precise, and his isn't. At all.

Don't much care for his attitude either.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone think he's better than that though? I haven't seen any hype. I'd pegged him as a mediocre backup striker who's young and English enough to later earn an overpriced move to a lower-half PL club run by suckers.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does anyone think he's better than that though? I haven't seen any hype. I'd pegged him as a mediocre backup striker who's young and English enough to later earn an overpriced move to a lower-half PL club run by suckers.
Yeah maybe not tbh. I had him down as being regularly selected due to them thinking he had some promise, but it probably is more likely he's there because there isn't anyone else. Sad times.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah maybe not tbh. I had him down as being regularly selected due to them thinking he had some promise, but it probably is more likely he's there because there isn't anyone else. Sad times.
He mostly just plays in the Europa League right? Or is he starting PL games? I think he's only getting minutes at all because Martinelli is injured.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He mostly just plays in the Europa League right? Or is he starting PL games? I think he's only getting minutes at all because Martinelli is injured.
He's played in most Prem matches this season, but mostly just cameos off the bench for a handful of mins.

And yeah, good shout re: Martinelli. Almost certainly the case.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Leaving mediocre PL players to one side, the mighty Greens have found the best way to pee off a majority of season ticket holders by only allowing the same fans to attend all matches. With nearly 6,000 season ticket holders and crowds of 2,000 that doesn't entirely make sense on any level.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So if you come out in the ballot, that's it you're in for the rest until capacity increases?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There is no ballot. All matches are first come first serve based on the order in which season tickets were bought. The 1808 who were the first eligible for the first match will remain the first eligible for every match. It'll increase to 2,000 after the first match. But the only way anyone outside the 2,000 will get in is if people opt out. But there's no opt out on a multiple match basis. Anyone who doesn't intend going will have to opt out of every match as it becomes the next match. If they don't opt out no one will be able to take their place. Any rotation is allegedly against the terms and conditions of a season ticket. Fans just think they're being incredibly lazy, and it's certainly not fair.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That is bonkers.

Basically we have 3000 STs so you pretty much expect to be at 2 of every 3 games. Seems more logical.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bournemouth were relegated.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There is no ballot. All matches are first come first serve based on the order in which season tickets were bought. The 1808 who were the first eligible for the first match will remain the first eligible for every match. It'll increase to 2,000 after the first match. But the only way anyone outside the 2,000 will get in is if people opt out. But there's no opt out on a multiple match basis. Anyone who doesn't intend going will have to opt out of every match as it becomes the next match. If they don't opt out no one will be able to take their place. Any rotation is allegedly against the terms and conditions of a season ticket. Fans just think they're being incredibly lazy, and it's certainly not fair.
Haha that is the stupidest thing I've heard.

For one, have they not considered that some fans couldn't afford to buy their season tickets straight away?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I do understand the first come first served in terms of giving priority for the first match. But for every match is madness.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
IMO he's a bit indicative of the problems at Arsenal, starting a guy who wasn't good enough to get a game at Leeds in the Championship is troubling.
I wouldn't say not good enough. More like wrong type of striker for Bielsa.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Haha that is the stupidest thing I've heard.

For one, have they not considered that some fans couldn't afford to buy their season tickets straight away?
They haven’t really considered anything with much common sense. It’s all been done on the basis that season tickets were sold on the basis that there was no guarantee of any matches and if any limited capacity was less than the number of tickets sold it would be first come first serve. Not even fans who are getting tickets were expecting this, and few would have moaned about a rotation system.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tranmere fans moan about everything but the consensus is that rotation is fair. There's been the odd 'I went to every game last season but didn't buy a ST because of the uncertainty wah wah' but that aside everyone just accepts it is what it is.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The fans in most of the matches are in clusters very close together with vast rows of empty seats even within the stands they’re in.
The Greens seriously struggling with four defeats in a row, mainly against teams on a bad run.