• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GIMH to turn pro-lockdown.
He's not the only one, I think this new-fangled crowd thing is pretty much one of these faddish nuisances which stop us getting into the nuance of the games, first League defeat away under these unbearable circumstances, ban the oikish fans ruining the serenity.

Oh and please let's not pretend to be shocked at Millwall fans being Millwall fans....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha tbh there's something incredibly satisfying about walking out of Prenton Park, not being able to feel my feet and ruing a loss.

When the players came out for the warmup there was a roar like when Norwood scored the winner at Wembley. It was a great moment.

Walking to the car and my daughter says to me, 'when can we go to away games?' She's had zero interest in ifollow so that sentence alone made the whole day worth it for me.

Now bring on the man City kids....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Things in football I find irrationally annoying - teams doing what Leeds are doing tonight and wearing change kits when there's no reason for doing so.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In the old days (insert grumpy old git living in the past smiley) a change strip only existed in case there was a clash. But now it's mainly commercial. We wear green and rarely (often never in a season) clash. We have a white away kit and black third kit. All snapped up by fans and presumably a requirement of the kit deal to wear them all in matches.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The European qualifying groups for the World Cup are drawn tomorrow. With ten groups it all looks even more heavily weighted in favour of the so called big powers than normal. There'll be no France/Netherlands or Spain/Italy in the same group like 2018. Only three non group winners will qualify after play-offs between the ten group runners up with two spots from the Nations League.

Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands.

Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania.

Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland.

Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxembourg.

Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra.

Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Crystal Palace getting their 40 points in early.
Yeah, we got a bit lucky withy the red card, but even with 10 men WBA should have made a better fist of things. The difference that Zaha's return makes, of course, after those two avoidable losses to Burnley and Newcastle. Long way yet to 40 points though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He's not the only one, I think this new-fangled crowd thing is pretty much one of these faddish nuisances which stop us getting into the nuance of the games, first League defeat away under these unbearable circumstances, ban the oikish fans ruining the serenity.

Oh and please let's not pretend to be shocked at Millwall fans being Millwall fans....
I doubt they'll be the only club's fans to take umbrage at players supporting BLM, but they probably didn't want anyone else to beat them to it. Perhaps more shocking is one of HM Government's cabinet publicly defending them. Maybe to be expected from some hand-comber on the back benches, but surely the Environment Secretary should be a bit less clueless.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I doubt they'll be the only club's fans to take umbrage at players supporting BLM, but they probably didn't want anyone else to beat them to it. Perhaps more shocking is one of HM Government's cabinet publicly defending them. Maybe to be expected from some hand-comber on the back benches, but surely the Environment Secretary should be a bit less clueless.
Do you know what, I think the point has been made, not sure it should carry on, the kneeling, but in the end, the booing of it is just cretinous, it's about 10 seconds of your life to sit through. But it's very on-brand for certain people to get angry about it, the sort that call everyone else "snowflakes".

That's a ****ing goal BTW, annoyingly. Honestly playing anti-football when you have those two up front is a Premier League winning formula, if one of them get injured, or both though, will be interesting what happens.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such a great goal. You don’t see many long rangers these days.

Son is likeable but he’s also kinda filthy, picks up quite a few reds. Mourinho must adore him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Such a great goal. You don’t see many long rangers these days.

Son is likeable but he’s also kinda filthy, picks up quite a few reds. Mourinho must adore him.
How his red against Everton last season was rescinded is beyond me.

Spikey

yeah I've just seen a compo of Kane all those defenders tunneling. has he been punished for any of those?

Uppercut

yeah I've just seen a compo of Kane all those defenders tunneling. has he been punished for any of those?
No, but he was awarded a penalty for the one against Brighton.

Really needs a rule change but I don't think we'll see one until someone gets very seriously hurt.