• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe it's just me but *waves at the past twenty years of world history* something tells me that "have been planning for this for a long time" is no guarantee to me at all that the clubs actually do have a clear plan on mind to deal with the huge public backlash.

I think there's a strong chance that City and Chelsea bail before the end of the week. Getting booted from the CL would definitely sting for both.

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
It wont be enforced, the whole premise of this rotten, but I think people underestimate those who have been planning this for long time.

They will have anticipated any sort of bans etc and will have plans to handle the blowback.

Initially I thought this would go away, but considering how broke Real and Barca are and the greed of the other sides it could happen and nope I don't see anybody missing out on world cups etc.
Yeah I highly doubt this, really doesn't look like a tactically planned move, if anything looks totally random and chaotic.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bit of a stretch. The team around Boris has pretty much no crossover with May's.

If the woman you mentioned earlier is the one I'm thinking of, she was treated horrendously by May's top two. Safe to say she has no horse in that race.
yeah. probs fair. hard to keep all the factions apart

Spark

Global Moderator
slbsn was the City twitter lawyer who accurately predicted both the outcome and the core reasoning of the CAS judgment in the FFA case and was constantly shouted down by journos when he tried to bring it up in the months leading up to the judgment, right?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he is.

i unfollowed him the other day because he was really annoying me and now I have to follow him again

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's pretty rare to see such universal accord on anything, but I literally haven't read or heard in its favour.

I think the dirty dozen are relying on fans not voting with their feet and sucking it up. Sure, we'll bitch and moan, but it's another thing abandoning one's team completely.

I'd love to be able to say "**** it, that's me and the Arse done." But it won't be.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
15 minutes of explaining why Manchester City "have to do this"

then goes "I'm not an apologist for the Super League or what the club have done"

ye gods, he's probably quite a clever lawyer but urgh

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
slbsn was the City twitter lawyer who accurately predicted both the outcome and the core reasoning of the CAS judgment in the FFA case and was constantly shouted down by journos when he tried to bring it up in the months leading up to the judgment, right?
Yeah. The man knows his ****. Is definitely a lawyer though, really grates at times haha.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Downing Street has not ruled out stopping players getting work visas for Super League matches or withdrawing police funding for match days.
“We are examining every option from governance reform to competition law and mechanisms that allow football to take place."
oh man

Furball

Evil Scotsman

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Made me furious listening to him haha.
From a legal pov it is actually really interesting tbh, and he's probably right in a lot of what he says. I hadn't really thought about it this way, but under UK company law the City directors would arguably be breaching their fiduciary obligations (i.e., breaking the law) by not signing City up to the super league, given the context.