• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dour game, but at least they managed to keep a clean sheet I suppose, and nice to see the younger players again

Otherwise though, that was dire, from both sides

Hope Freddie stays on in some capacity

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anti AFTV chants from the away support and unconfirmed reports that it escalated into more.

****e game though. Over to you Mik

Edit: thanks for everything Freddie, we love you

Arjun Vihaan

Cricket Spectator
I think it’s a good move for both Arteta and Arsenal. Arsenal are in a bad way but if you can’t back yourself to take those players higher than 10th you may as well retire. From Arsenal’s perspective it’s a gamble, but they’re getting good odds.

I think it's more than a good move from both sides, let's not forget Arteta spent over 3 years in Manchester City as Guardiola's assistant, thus he has something to prove, not forgetting his brilliant career at Arsenal too! He knows the league and can bring a positive mood in the team. Let's wait and see if the results will be back this choice.

andmark

International Captain
I think it's more than a good move from both sides, let's not forget Arteta spent over 3 years in Manchester City as Guardiola's assistant, thus he has something to prove, not forgetting his brilliant career at Arsenal too! He knows the league and can bring a positive mood in the team. Let's wait and see if the results will be back this choice.
Welcome mate :thumbup1:

andmark

International Captain
Anti AFTV chants from the away support and unconfirmed reports that it escalated into more.

****e game though. Over to you Mik

Edit: thanks for everything Freddie, we love you
Yeah, videos on Twitter show people chanting about them to Robbie etc. I know it's been said on here that the AFTV people represent the views of a small minority of the fanbase, but seeing videos like that really brings home the opposition AFTV has within the fanbase.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, videos on Twitter show people chanting about them to Robbie etc. I know it's been said on here that the AFTV people represent the views of a small minority of the fanbase, but seeing videos like that really brings home the opposition AFTV has within the fanbase.
The majority of views are from rivals who enjoy the meltdowns tbf. The host and Lee are fine but the others are just berks.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How is AFTV different to the army of wrist slitting fans on Twitter and reddit? Ok, they make a living off the channel but in essence it's the same isn't it. It's just a stupid YouTube channel.

Niall

International Coach
Utd are going to regret giving De Gea such a huge contract, clearly on the decline and will probably lose Henderson to top it all off.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
RIP Martin Peters.
Yup. Apparently Alzheimer's had taken a terrible toll over the last few years, so maybe his passing will be some sort of relief to his loved ones. A lovely man, by all accounts.
I gather that we have now lost five of the 1966 WC winners. I remember Moore dying when still very young back in the early 1990s. More recently Ball and Wilson and even more recently Banks.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Utd are going to regret giving De Gea such a huge contract, clearly on the decline and will probably lose Henderson to top it all off.
Nah it's a good call. Bloke could play for another 10 years potentially, and even if he is on the wane, he has enough of a reputation banked via past glories to generate a decent fee if they chose to sell him.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Yup. Apparently Alzheimer's had taken a terrible toll over the last few years, so maybe his passing will be some sort of relief to his loved ones. A lovely man, by all accounts.
I gather that we have now lost five of the 1966 WC winners. I remember Moore dying when still very young back in the early 1990s. More recently Ball and Wilson and even more recently Banks.
He was the only one of the World Cup team that I got to speak to, although I saw them all play. He was manager of Sheffield United in 1980 and chatted briefly to a few fans in Plymouth. The different perceptions of time as you get older is strange. In 1980 I considered 1966 to be ancient history, yet it was only the equivalent of 2005 now.

andmark

International Captain
On a lighter note, the Chelsea match is weird. In wrestling circles, they'd call that penalty incident a crossbody, which I never thought I'd see in football.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
On a lighter note, the Chelsea match is weird. In wrestling circles, they'd call that penalty incident a crossbody, which I never thought I'd see in football.
To a certain generation of football fans it’s called a Schumacher after an even worse assault by the German keeper in the 1982 World Cup Semifinal.

Niall

International Coach
Nah it's a good call. Bloke could play for another 10 years potentially, and even if he is on the wane, he has enough of a reputation banked via past glories to generate a decent fee if they chose to sell him.
He's been making clangers for the last year or so and was one of the main reasons they missed out on top 4 towards the end of the season.

He'd have to look to PSG or Italy if he was to leave as he isn't really enough of an upgrade on what the elite English or Italy have atm to justify the huge money he would cost.