• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
there has been a tenuous link of welbeck heading to huddersfield to bolster and impressive strike force of depoitre, mounie and mbenze (quaner and diakhaby if not put on the wings) but it looks like there're some strikers who maybe looking to leave either on a loan or permanent deal.
ok

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't think Sanchez would fit into the city side, for a player who's looking for game time I would think he would stay put considering he left the Emirates due to the lack of Champions League football.
I disagree. I don't know if he would be amazing playing on the wing but he would be great in the middle, especially in the role that Aguero plays.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being fair, Ipswich are a big team with loads of potential and I feel he has a good challenge as the aspirations of the club in general are big. No disrespect to the Shrews but League one is a nothing division.
He left in the summer and got sacked by Ipswich 3 weeks ago after only winning 1 game.

We sacked his replacement on Monday as he was dog turd.

I doubt we will get him back as the chief executives wife was calling him a snake on twitter last night for clearing his desk out before the play off final in readiness for the Ipswich job which he denied any knowledge of. Our chairman holds grudges so no chance of a return.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Moving Aguero? No Chance I feel Aguero is the better player City's reserves are actual a decent out fit.
There would be no moving Aguero, he just doesn't need to play 55 games a season, especially with his history of muscle injuries.

Sanchez at this stage in his career would've played all over the front 4 positions in this Pep team and thrived. The system would actually suit him, defending from the front and pressing in space, instead of being forced to play as a second wing-back in Mourinho's archaic system and being isolated away from the play constantly.

EmJo

Banned
There would be no moving Aguero, he just doesn't need to play 55 games a season, especially with his history of muscle injuries.

Sanchez at this stage in his career would've played all over the front 4 positions in this Pep team and thrived. The system would actually suit him, defending from the front and pressing in space, instead of being forced to play as a second wing-back in Mourinho's archaic system and being isolated away from the play constantly.
My point was he wouldn't just walk into the team and feel he wouldn't get the games he wanted and being slightly injury prone can't risk being in the reserves for long periods of time. Sanchez is one player desperate to be on the team sheet which is why he went to United.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My point was he wouldn't just walk into the team and feel he wouldn't get the games he wanted and being slightly injury prone can't risk being in the reserves for long periods of time. Sanchez is one player desperate to be on the team sheet which is why he went to United.
Like I said, in this system he would've had as many games as he wanted because he could play in any of the forward 4 positions. He could've been cover for Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling and even gotten time when David Silva was missing games due to the premature birth of his son.

andmark

International Captain
Being fair, Ipswich are a big team with loads of potential and I feel he has a good challenge as the aspirations of the club in general are big. No disrespect to the Shrews but League one is a nothing division.
It's the "nothing divisions" which hold up the "not-so nothing divisions". Obviously all League 1 teams would prefer promotion but there's no shame in being there unless you're Sunderland whose decline has been genuinely shocking.

andmark

International Captain
Lucas Torreira looked like that holding midfielder every team wishes they had against Brazil tonight. He was probably a centre back in a past life.

andmark

International Captain
Surely the Nations' League thing is better than the old friendlies? I'm quite enjoying the concept and the matches seem to have more meaning.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Don't know if it's his fault, but his influence on the German national team is definitely more negative than positive, and I'm not sure most people believe that.

Last edited: