• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How does Kimpembe not walk but then he sends Pogba and effectively ends the tie. Outclassed but 2 injuries and a Pogba red is like the bad luck jackpot. The state of our squad is exposed when we play better teams. Mediocrity in abundance. Agreed on Mata and Sanchez not offering much. Sanchez in particular just brings nothing.
And when you play very average teams. Until recently anyway at least.

On the whole I didn't think Utd played especially badly today. Just played against a much better side.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shaw's done Pogba no favours at all at the red card, an abysmal pass.
Pogba was a bit of a prat about it though. As soon as he picked up the first yellow (which, iirc, was also for something very avoidable), you could see the PSG players' eyes light up at the prospect of getting him banned for the second leg.

No coincidence that once they got their second goal their attentions turned to winding Pogba up and trying to lure him into getting a second yellow. Trap was set and he walked straight into it.

andmark

International Captain
Angel Di Maria was a peak troll tonight. Did the fans deserve the treatment he gave them (i.e had they been jeering him or anything?)?

Niall

International Coach
How does Kimpembe not walk but then he sends Pogba and effectively ends the tie. Outclassed but 2 injuries and a Pogba red is like the bad luck jackpot. The state of our squad is exposed when we play better teams. Mediocrity in abundance. Agreed on Mata and Sanchez not offering much. Sanchez in particular just brings nothing.
I think Young could have been gone also so evens itself out.

Thinking about how awful Sanchez has been, worst signing in United history?

Veron at least was gun in his first few months and even Falcao got a few nice goals when he signed. Sanchez has been horrible since day one. This **** is getting paid over a million a month ffs. Who the hell is going to be stupid enough to take this hack? They could be stuck paying him monster money until his contract is over. Grim.

Shaw deserves criticism also, offers nothing going forward and not good enough defensively either.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The abuse football supporters give certain players is just generally embarrassing.

Booing is one thing, and is totally fine and warranted in many situations. Nature of the beast and all that.

But the way you could see grown men in the crowd going apoplectic with range screaming at Di Maria and giving him the w@nker sign etc. Just wtf is wrong with these people.

Niall

International Coach
Angel Di Maria was a peak troll tonight. Did the fans deserve the treatment he gave them (i.e had they been jeering him or anything?)?
Booed him from the first minute and even threw a bottle of beer with him, he was right to give them stick.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Veron at least was gun in his first few months and even Falcao got a few nice goals when he signed. Sanchez has been horrible since day one. This **** is getting paid over a million a month ffs. Who the hell is going to be stupid enough to take this hack? They could be stuck paying him monster money until his contract is over. Grim.

Shaw deserves criticism also, offers nothing going forward and not good enough defensively either.
It's way to early to come to conclusions like this. He's had a grim year, and something is clearly up with him. But you don't go from being a world class player to being a total donkey over night. He's not a hack.

Niall

International Coach
The abuse football supporters give certain players is just generally embarrassing.

Booing is one thing, and is totally fine and warranted in many situations. Nature of the beast and all that.

But the way you could see grown men in the crowd going apoplectic with range screaming at Di Maria and giving him the w@nker sign etc. Just wtf is wrong with these people.
He started really well when he arrived, just fell out of form as did many players under LVG and had the bull**** of been robbed which clearly messed with his head. He also did not want to be sold to Utd initially which was understandable as Madrid were a much more attractive side at the time.

He was polite when he left and never bad mouthed United, the animosity tonight was just weird.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain

I’m sure there’s some other worse buys like Bebe or Djembax2. Maybe our worst high profile singing though.

Standing by my late career Rooney assessment though. Paid ****loads, delivering FA, adding nothing when playing and a playing level that fell off a cliff. At least we saw Rooney’s good years at United.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And when you play very average teams. Until recently anyway at least.

On the whole I didn't think Utd played especially badly today. Just played against a much better side.
I don’t think people are generally willing to give credit to teams like PSG for defending well. The story always has to be ‘all the other team’s attackers had terrible games’. If an English team put in that defensive performance away to a team in United’s form it’d be all anyone talked about.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don’t think people are generally willing to give credit to teams like PSG for defending well. The story always has to be ‘all the other team’s attackers had terrible games’. If an English team put in that defensive performance away to a team in United’s form it’d be all anyone talked about.
Haha you're right I think, but what is especially weird about this is the fact that the people who tend to do this tend to often go on record saying how they rate players like Thiago Silva and Marquinhos very highly.

Seem to be unable to join up the dots and work out the formula that: no goals conceded + good defenders = probably decent defensive performance.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hard to believe Thiago Silva is 34. Was even more immense against Liverpool. Marquinhos in midfield has been a bit of a revelation as well.

I get they're not exactly a likeable institution in general but PSG in particular get smugly put down by English pundits and media so much as well. Whenever they play Steve McManaman has to fight the urge to explain every 10 minutes that today they're playing a proper team and not the semi-professional sides who play in the domestic league of the World Champions. Jonathan Wilson called them not a football team after they lost 3-2 to Liverpool in September.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pogba was a bit of a prat about it though. As soon as he picked up the first yellow (which, iirc, was also for something very avoidable), you could see the PSG players' eyes light up at the prospect of getting him banned for the second leg.

No coincidence that once they got their second goal their attentions turned to winding Pogba up and trying to lure him into getting a second yellow. Trap was set and he walked straight into it.
Nah Solksjaer called it spot on post game. He's trying to shield the ball, Alves is clever and gets the foul.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah Solksjaer called it spot on post game. He's trying to shield the ball, Alves is clever and gets the foul.
That giant lunge over the ball is one of Pogba’s stupider idiosyncratic moves. Lucky not to get sent off against Spurs for the exact same thing.

Cow

Banned
Absolute stonewall second yellow... cannot argue against it. Ref got himself into deep water by booking players so early in the game.

United, depsite their recent form, are still miles behind Europe's elite clubs. PSG absolutely schooled them despite Neymar and Cavani being injured.

Is Mbappe the fastest top player ever?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Jonathan Wilson called them not a football team after they lost 3-2 to Liverpool in September.
Jonathan Wilson's head is so far up his own arse he could stick his tongue out and taste stomach acid. Pompous ****.

Absolute stonewall second yellow... cannot argue against it. Ref got himself into deep water by booking players so early in the game.
Don't you mean the players got themselves into deep water by getting booked so early? How can the referee "get in deep water" for doing his job?

This kind of thinking in cancerous to the game. The referees should do their job whether it's the first minute or the ninety-first, the rules are the rules.

Last edited: