• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Days of Grace

International Captain
The first one was a clear pen. The only reason it will be seen as debatable is because of what happened in Liverpool’s previous match.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Honeymoon period for Emery well and truly over now. Disgruntlement beginning to build. Strange to think of how euphoric everyone was after the Spurs win and that was only a few weeks ago.

andmark

International Captain
**** Liverpool have bought so well. We'd still be on top of the league if we'd bought Fabinho instead of Mahrez.
This is so true. Who'd have thought a full back from Hull a few years ago would be amongst the best left backs in the league?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not by me, every player new to the league and country needs some time afaic.

I've wanted him since he dominated us 2 seasons ago. Big, mobile and technically solid. Could've been our new Yaya.
Totally agree with you on the time to settle point. I'm just sure I'd heard or read that he'd been a poor signing so far.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Totally agree with you on the time to settle point. I'm just sure I'd heard or read that he'd been a poor signing so far.
He had a nightmare game against someone, I can't remember who. Might have been the first Arsenal game? I don't watch a tonne of Liverpool games as I find them largely insufferable as an entity but IIRC he didn't play that much in the early season.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah the game at Arsenal was one of his first starts and he was bad.

Their strategy has been so simple as well. Have almost exclusively signed players in their mid or early 20s who have had multiple good seasons in a big league. And their forward signings turned out to be such great value that they could then do their biggest spending on a CB and GK, which would usually be a bad strategy but was fine in their context.

andmark

International Captain
He made some mistakes against Wolves as well IIRC. It's to be expected really given that he's only just entered the team and country. He'll hopefully be a bit more settled by the end of the season.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember when Salah was at Chelsea and one of his rare opportunities was against Shrewsbury in a cup tie and it is probably the single worst performance by a top level player I have ever seen. He had 2 shots one hit the corner flag and the other went about 20 yards over the bar. That was before christmas in his only season there and they got rid soon after, the rest is history.