• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with the move.

Anyone watching the women's match at the moment? For the love of attacking football I hope Germany win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Horrible news. Restored a great old club to their rightful place and would have relished the chance to kick on. Life is very cruel. RIP

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Too young that, thought it was serious when no details were announced when he was rushed in to hospital early in the week. RIP

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is markedly superior to the side that we fielded against Holland. Shame that Sterling and Alli are taking turns to miss sitters.
I'd prefer Chilwell to Rose in the second half if only to prevent the latter picking up a second yellow. Plus Chilwell's the better player anyway.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Chilwell presumably missing after the concussion-style incident on Thursday.

If we’re going to persist with Alli can we call up Eriksen as well as he’s the one that makes Alli look good. If not, then leave the arrogant **** out.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Chilwell presumably missing after the concussion-style incident on Thursday.
That figures, especially with Walker replacing Rose.

But Walker now being preferred to TAA at right back is very strange given how much the latter has created from that position.
And maybe Walker's errors this afternoon will end any discussion about who should be playing at right back for the national side.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Blatantly fouling defenders in those situations nowadays really isn't very smart.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The BBC aren't dressing this match up as anything other than a boring dead rubber. It sounds horrendously poor.

Edit: Also this: https://twitter.com/Mysteron_Voice/status/1137738431163981825

It's not been that bad. I've only been following the commentary on The Guardian website with occasional contribution from 5 Live, but England would be home and dry if Sterling had his shooting boots on. TAA has been outstanding, and the overall performance has been better than on Wednesday.

andmark

International Captain
It's not been that bad. I've only been following the commentary on The Guardian website with occasional contribution from 5 Live, but England would be home and dry if Sterling had his shooting boots on. TAA has been outstanding, and the overall performance has been better than on Wednesday.
That's good to hear. The BBC had been making it sound like a testimonial without the good sentiment of a testimonial.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It was a properly competitive international. Switzerland seemed quite poor, but we did okay. It lacked the tension of a major tournament.