• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not Bayern again plz. Bored of being beaten by them. Let us at least get beaten by someone else this time.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It feels like it's been years since we came up against either Bayern or Pep so I'm quite excited by it. ಠ_ಠ

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I've not watched them at all this season but they're like 14th in the league right?
The only reason I think it might not be so one-sided is that City are vulnerable to quick counter-attacking football - exactly how Dortmund play.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why the **** is everyone going on about Chelsea giving one Academy player 7 minutes, after never playing any youth products for years, and talking about their prodigious youth academy? Arsenal gave three teenagers from our youth system longer Champions League debuts the day before no one gave a ****. State of that ****ing club.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why the **** is everyone going on about Chelsea giving one Academy player 7 minutes, after never playing any youth products for years, and talking about their prodigious youth academy? Arsenal gave three teenagers from our youth system longer Champions League debuts the day before no one gave a ****. State of that ****ing club.
We had four academy products in the starting XI yesterday and Koumas was rested :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, I don't actually know any others that have been. I think it's something that will probably start to happen in the future rather than something that's already happened.
It's hard because you would first need someone at the club with the expertise to know which stats bloggers are worth hiring. I haven't seen any that are yet, but I'm sure it'll get there.

Spikey

a few ice hockey bloggers/stats guys got picked up in the off-season. it's worth noting though that one of the main stats used publicly is a thing called corsi, which measures shot attempts (hockey officially only records shots that score or get saved; you could hit the post 20 times in a game and it'd be unrecorded) and is used as a proxy for time in possession (which isn't measured in hockey).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could people please stop saying that Matt Grimes is going to Swansea. I have a strict anti-wales policy, this can not be allowed:cursing::sadwalk:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wasn't 2011 before Dortmund really hit their stride anyway though? I remember Arsenal playing them that year and being fairly strong favourites for both games.

Uppercut

Those train station wankers have really strengthened his position. The pro-Wenger backlash against them has been huge.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Those train station wankers have really strengthened his position. The pro-Wenger backlash against them has been huge.
I think cabinet mentioned this earlier, but it was the idiot making the "get out of my club" comment that really, really pissed me off. Your club? Give me a ****ing break. You might say that collectively a football club belongs to the fans, but Wenger has done more for Arsenal than anyone, pretty much ever. He's an Arsenal man through and through, and for someone to have the audacity to make this sort of comment is intestine-stranglingly poor.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Class this from West Brom.
Very poignant.

Is it true that the Christmas Truce game was really settled by a penalty shoot out though? Seems like a strange thing to make up (not to mention in somewhat questionable taste), but I have honestly never heard that anywhere before, which strikes me as odd, as surely it's the kind of thing that would be mentioned every time the story is told.