• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Credit to Aston Villa for parking the bus at 3-0 down. Lambert apparently was at Dortmund on Tuesday and was going to replicate their performance.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hah, Actually would like to see Sir Rob do well, but from the boos reckon he'll be out soon.

Was going to rant about linesmen, but doesn't seem to matter now. Incredible turn-around this week, hope we can keep it up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hah, Actually would like to see Sir Rob do well, but from the boos reckon he'll be out soon.

Was going to rant about linesmen, but doesn't seem to matter now. Incredible turn-around this week, hope we can keep it up.
Did you come?

I don't think we'll sack Rob. God, I hope not anyway. The boos are an accumulation of five years of **** that he's bearing the brunt of. Everyone expected us to walk back up. He's slowly got us playing the right way but these things take time.

Fully deserved to be the losing side today.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did you come?

I don't think we'll sack Rob. God, I hope not anyway. The boos are an accumulation of five years of **** that he's bearing the brunt of. Everyone expected us to walk back up. He's slowly got us playing the right way but these things take time.

Fully deserved to be the losing side today.
Nah, haven't gone to an away match in years, I may be anti-social, but I'd probably mention it to you if we were in the same ground, heard it on the radio.

What did you think of Grimes if you noticed him at all? I often don't oppo players are all scum to me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, haven't gone to an away match in years, I may be anti-social, but I'd probably mention it to you if we were in the same ground, heard it on the radio.

What did you think of Grimes if you noticed him at all? I often don't oppo players are all scum to me.
I was sat front row on the side so saw a fair bit of him. Had a bit about him but not sure if that was because I looked out for him after you mentioned him

you looked a decent side tbf, surprised you've been struggling

cpr

International Coach
Serious post?
I presume so.

Quite a few of us in here will remember Euro 96, the atmosphere and excitement it brought - Some **** even blew up half our city and it still didn't stop the party...

One of the proposals put forward to the FA was a package that brought games to Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham.... The FA rejected it outright as it'd compromise the chances of Wembley getting the final, and thats all they cared about.

Its hard to feel included with that sort of reaction from the FA. A couple of games in London... Well its nice UEFA recognise our ability to host major events, but what are the likes of GIMH and I going to get from this? We wont see any fans, or atmosphere, around these games. We sure as hell wont stand a chance of getting a ticket, be lucky if 10,000 make it onto an open British market, and even then the FA will probably let the 'regular England fans' have first dibs.

When Manchester hosted the CL final it was great, the city was full of Italians, and it was a great atmosphere. I remember driving past the stadium at 2am to see it all lit up in the CL regalia (and to see if I could nick any banners, I'd got so close to nabbing a 40ft England one after the international friendly a few weeks before). This is akin to when the CL final is at Wembley - nice to have but no impact on us up north.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So as a response to recent incidents the whites have set up a whistleblower line to report bad behaviour from other fans. Suffice to say this has been roundly abused thus far. Possibly my favourite, given the man referred to on the front row of the borough Road was me

Attachments

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can someone explain to me why Adrian wasn't sent off for that challenge on Borini and why it wasn't a penalty?