• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You're forgetting the entire season of strolling around the pitch like he's the new Henry, the denying he'd done anything wrong the previous summer and then the interview at the end of the season where he blamed the fans for the entire situation and said it wasn't his fault he played below par. Overrated, greedy ****. As sledger said earlier, I'm yet to be convinced his 30 goals season was anything but a complete anomally. Even Arsene said he doubted he was more than a 15-20 goal striker at his peak.

Just a shame we couldn't convince City that Eboue was the new Garrincha and flog him too.
All true, but Arsenal have to face some realities TBH.

Firstly how many striker in the league are potential 25-30 goals per season strikers ATM?. Torres, Rooney, Berbatov, Keane, Anelka. So even if Adebayour wasn't behaving how he is & his peak goal-scoring range was 15-20, that good enough.

Arsenal unfortunately dont have the attractiveness & scrilla (money) to attract BIG players anymore, Wenger has placed to much imprtance of grooming up young stars since Henry & Pires left.

So regardless of which angel you look at it, whatever cash they get for him. No big striker is gonna come to Arsenal.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno, I think it's fine to say Gerrard (certainly in his earlier career) is/was very much a defensive midfielder, however, that of course is not to say he was a "holding midfielder" as per Makelele, though Gerrard has changed the style of his game a lot since Benitez took over. Personally I would never have labelled :Lampard as a defensive player at all, and have never come across anyone who has.

I would always think of Patrick Vieira as being a defensive midfielder, but I think a lot of people are quick to forget that players with the tag of "defensive midfielder" are not neccesarily incapable or adverse to going forward.

I don't mind those who call Kaka an attacking midfielder either to be honest, as effectively that is what he is. However, it bugs me when people say he was the "playmaker" for AC Milan, as he was nothing of the sort, that job was always done (extremely effectively as well imo) but Pirlo, and in fact very few teams in the world at the moment actually use a genuine playermaker in their system. Pirlo being the only really outstanding one that immediately springs to mind.
Now this is a ***y explanation yo, i like dissssss

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All true, but Arsenal have to face some realities TBH.

Firstly how many striker in the league are potential 25-30 goals per season strikers ATM?. Torres, Rooney, Berbatov, Keane, Anelka. So even if Adebayour wasn't behaving how he is & his peak goal-scoring range was 15-20, that good enough.
He isn't a top class striker until he proves that season was anything but a fluke. The type of **** he pulled we might've put up with if he was a Vieira or an Henry (in fact we did put up with it) but it isn't what you do with a guy like Adebayor because he isn't good enough to justify it. You want a harsh reality there is one.

Arsenal unfortunately dont have the attractiveness & scrilla (money) to attract BIG players anymore, Wenger has placed to much imprtance of grooming up young stars since Henry & Pires left.

So regardless of which angel you look at it, whatever cash they get for him. No big striker is gonna come to Arsenal.
This is debatable. If we were so poor then how did we go out and spend 15 million Arshavin in January, give Walcott a new 60k deal, van Persie 80k and sign WIlshere, Ramsey amongst others to much larger deals as well. Any look at our accounts released every year show just how much money we make. That they have a policy to go down a different route is seperate to our financial position. Wenger has stated many times he feels the market is going to collapse any second which is why they are muted in their spending. Has nothing to do with being skint.

Craig

World Traveller
He seems rather concerned about the possible reaction in his homeland if he leaves Arsenal for Man City. Unless there is a woooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh in there.

Smitteh can take solace that Tevez claimed he turned down Real Madrid for Citeh. I guess Citeh just offered him more money.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Mirror says angry Adebayor is locked in a battle with Arsenal over a £2m loyalty bonus as he has not formally requested a transfer

Good god, die in a fire you ****.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Charlie Barnett :D

We may not have a defence or keeper, but my god our midfield is sublime

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
He isn't a top class striker until he proves that season was anything but a fluke. The type of **** he pulled we might've put up with if he was a Vieira or an Henry (in fact we did put up with it) but it isn't what you do with a guy like Adebayor because he isn't good enough to justify it. You want a harsh reality there is one.
Nah man how can you say he 2007/08 was fluke for Abebayor. Thars extremely harsh.

Arsenal came third & if my memroy is right Arsenal came third & during the first half where playing some fantastic football. Last season yea he was below par along with his discression towards the gunners fans. But he wasn't the reason why Arsenal didn't win anything, its the lack of strong mid-field.

This is debatable. If we were so poor then how did we go out and spend 15 million Arshavin in January, give Walcott a new 60k deal, van Persie 80k and sign WIlshere, Ramsey amongst others to much larger deals as well. Any look at our accounts released every year show just how much money we make. That they have a policy to go down a different route is seperate to our financial position.

Wenger has stated many times he feels the market is going to collapse any second which is why they are muted in their spending. Has nothing to do with being skint.
But even is Wenger believes that (i agree with him). He still has spent to much time buying skill players & hasn't found the right balance in his purchases.

Arsenal has basically become a breeder club for talented youngsters, i can't see any MAJOR players (age 25-30) signing to Arsenal in the near future. If this was Arsenal of the late 90s to about 2004, you could have tempted Ribery i strongly believe.