• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

Tom Halsey

International Coach
However, going to every paper on earth saying how you WILL sign this player is kinda taking ti too far, theres being clandestine about it, and it should be punished. And its always the Spanish sides (Barcelona did it the other year IIRC)
Problem with Real is that they basically own the Spanish media, absolute ****s.

Despite this my head still agrees with Shaggy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ronnie Moore - Rotherham Legend :D, no offence to Tranmere, and any other club in the lower leagues, and indeed Rotherham themselves, but i'm somewhat surprised he hasnt been offered a job at the top end of The Championship tbh. Great manager though.
Hmm, not convinced actually. Since Rotherham he hasn't been wholly impressive, dav will tell you he was somewhat abject at Oldham and hasn't done much with us yet. Would have given him one year personally, and said he has to take us up.

I do like him though. He is Tranmere through and through, having played for us twice, been caretaker manager before the return of Sir Johnny King, Assistant Manager in our greatest ever period and now manager. As I say, though, needs to deliver this season, we have lost a couple of thousand supporters over the last three seasons and are now firmly established as a League One side, as opposed to the Championship side I grew up watching.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lost his job at Oldham because of fan pressure not results, played the most diabolical football and brought in all his mates from previous clubs...fans stayed away, board saw sense...see you later Ronnie...file with Warnock, Neil and Talbot, Brian

Craig

World Traveller
Robert Mancini has apparently been sacked (although there has been no conformation in the Inter website) by Inter so this is going to be about as predictable in him joining Chelsea as it was with Jose Mourinho becoming the new manager of Inter (I think the Italian press will love him).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lost his job at Oldham because of fan pressure not results, played the most diabolical football and brought in all his mates from previous clubs...fans stayed away, board saw sense...see you later Ronnie...file with Warnock, Neil and Talbot, Brian
Yeah our football hasn't been so bad that I'd call it diabolical but it's not always been great. Then again, we had two quality wingers at the start of last season, Shuker and Davies, great to watch, both did their cruciates and we started playing a centre-back on the left-wing, goodbye season

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is this game on live? Was sure it was supposed to be on Sky Sports, but turned Lost over and it was gone, much like the island actually

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm thinking maybe the island on Lost was Trinidad, hence when Ben moved it the SS camera crew couldn't find it anymore. No?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some of us don't have skyone, so no spoilers please:)

The Beeb is where you can see the match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry, I don't think I've spoiled much there (if you have seen the rest of the series)

If people think my post is a spoiler then I am happy for the post to be edited

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry, I don't think I've spoiled much there (if you have seen the rest of the series)

If people think my post is a spoiler then I am happy for the post to be edited

Nah, not really bothered, hence the smilie.

No doubt I won't be able to avoid the news of whats happened before I get to see it on C4, anyway.

cpr

International Coach
So we've sold Pique for £7m back to the club we payed £1m to for him. Not bad business, can understand why he'd want to go back. Rather sit on the bench in your hometown of Barcelona than Manchester, first team chances will probably be the same (might be more in Barca, they see him as one of their own returning). Theres a 50/50 chance Silvestre will be leaving, so looks like defence might be a priority this summer. Richards could well be a legitamate rumour, and i'd like to see him as a central defender for us, with us grabbing another right back.

Had an offer accepted for Ramsey from Cardiff, as have Arsenal, hopefully he'll come north, learn from Scholes and break into the team in a couple of years. No point rushing a 17 year old into the first team

Also being linked with Santa Cruz, cant see that one meself, reckon it'll be either Berbatov or Benzema coming in, if any

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Think Benzema is unlikely tbh, don't think he wants to come.

Berbatov, wouldn't mind him, would prefer Benzema though in an ideal world.