• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's a better option in defensive midfield than bloody Vincent Kompany. There's no player in the world who regularly starts in central midfield with a worse first touch than him. Get him into defence ASAP.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone read the latest Tony Adams quotes here, here and here

Combine that with him going onto radio and saying he'd be the new Celtic manager along with his comments about Arsene having enemies on the board and I think the bloke's been hitting the bottle again.

Craig

World Traveller

Combine that with him going onto radio and saying he'd be the new Celtic manager along with his comments about Arsene having enemies on the board and I think the bloke's been hitting the bottle again.
Would be sad if he is drinking again.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Game over for Owen (Hargreaves)?

17 mill for a player who could never have a full season with Bayern, great business by the Germans. A one tournament 'wonder' (or best out of a bad bunch)...
Makes you wonder how he passed the medical really. I hope the story is exaggerated - I'm really looking forward to having him back in the squad for next season ("like a new signing" and all that) as I think he's our most important midfielder, especially in the big European games. He's been absolute class pretty much whenever he's played for United but sadly that hasn't been anywhere near as often as we'd like, particularly for such a large outlay.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

The 'Celtic-minded' would be sad that the Adams is Tony, not Gerry.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Makes you wonder how he passed the medical really. I hope the story is exaggerated - I'm really looking forward to having him back in the squad for next season ("like a new signing" and all that) as I think he's our most important midfielder, especially in the big European games. He's been absolute class pretty much whenever he's played for United but sadly that hasn't been anywhere near as often as we'd like, particularly for such a large outlay.
No doubt yo, this is destructive news. Prayers begin now seriously...

fredfertang

Apparently Peterborough want £1million compo if Reading employ Ferguson - not surprisingly attention is being turned elsewhere

duffer

Nasri - I could be a defensive midfielder | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

If that is the best option, we really should've made a move for Barry.
He's got enough bite in him to be a centre mid in a 3 man midfield but as seen by his hilarious attempt to track back against Chelsea when Anelka scored showed he doesn't have the work rate or nous to be relied on when we play 4-4-2.

We wouldn't have matched the wage Barry demanded but there are plenty of solid players around Europe who could d a job for us. Really hope this isn't another penny pinching exercise from the club. Latest financial reports show record profits yet again. The highest in the league and the most manageable turonver/wages of any big club.