• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2006-07

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
'All XL West Ham shirts now sold out'

Can see several XL related puns throughout the season.

grecian

Leroy Lita having a stormer in the under-21.:laugh:

Noble looks quality, have West Ham unearthed another player, for a future manure or chelski side.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
For any of you Brits who may be interested, Serie A is back on channel 5 for next season. I would imagine aussie would be happy by this.
Word out, now that Beckham is going to LA Galaxy got to get a new overseas player to make me watch really want to view a foreign league. Pirlo will be the man..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Leroy Lita having a stormer in the under-21.:laugh:

Noble looks quality, have West Ham unearthed another player, for a future manure or chelski side.
Ha, thats true a fair amount of them are over the past 7 years are @ Chelsea & Man U. Well on the bright side if he can come good it will only be good news for England.

But damn the current under-21's even without Richards, Walcott, Lennon & a possible Rooney is a seriously talented set of blokes. The pace that they played with for the first 30 minutes of so was superb, thats the kind of movement on the ball the national side should have. Baines & Young (especially with his dribbling) on the left were brilliant & Taylor & Reo-Coker played very maturely for their age.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The Under 21's looking really good for the title ATM, the strongest team on paper left in the tournament now, hopefully they can play like it & win.

And brilliant end for Beckham at Real, just as i envisioned it..

Matteh

Why exactly did Huddlestone get sent off? Was the usual hussle and bussle in the box for a corner, then the ref just calls him over and sends him off.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The Under 21's looking really good for the title ATM, the strongest team on paper left in the tournament now, hopefully they can play like it & win.

And brilliant end for Beckham at Real, just as i envisioned it..
What made it all the more special was that he played no part in the Madrid victory and that Capello had the last laugh. Just the way you envisioned it?

It was also rather ironic that one of Madrid’s heroes, Mahamadou Diarra would have preferred to play for Mali against Sierra Leone than in the title decider for his club. Diarra had spent the previous 24 hours arguing with Madrid officials for why they prevented and lobbied FIFA to stop him playing for his country.

And Aussie you must be watching a different U21 tournament to myself for England other than a bright 30 minutes against Italy have been nowhere near the strongest team in this competition or indeed in their group. Serbia played their reserve side last night and still should have came away with more than a point, England’s defence need to shape up if they have any chance of defeating the Netherlands. Captain, Nigel Mediocre is going to have his work cut out one suspects and watch out for Royston Drenthe, kids been a different class to everywhere else thus far. Should be a good game though for both teams like to attack.

Anyways Matt Derbyshire. :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
What made it all the more special was that he played no part in the Madrid victory and that Capello had the last laugh. Just the way you envisioned it?

It was also rather ironic that one of Madrid’s heroes, Mahamadou Diarra would have preferred to play for Mali against Sierra Leone than in the title decider for his club. Diarra had spent the previous 24 hours arguing with Madrid officials for why they prevented and lobbied FIFA to stop him playing for his country.

And Aussie you must be watching a different U21 tournament to myself for England other than a bright 30 minutes against Italy have been nowhere near the strongest team in this competition or indeed in their group. Serbia played their reserve side last night and still should have came away with more than a point, England’s defence need to shape up if they have any chance of defeating the Netherlands. Captain, Nigel Mediocre is going to have his work cut out one suspects and watch out for Royston Drenthe, kids been a different class to everywhere else thus far. Should be a good game though for both teams like to attack.

Anyways Matt Derbyshire. :cool:
Yeah and I see Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad go down (:-O ). BTW didn't Sociedad goal keeper Jose Molina used to play for Deportivo? I'm positive that he did...?:blink: :wacko:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and I see Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad go down (:-O ). BTW didn't Sociedad goal keeper Jose Molina used to play for Deportivo? I'm positive that he did...?:blink: :wacko:
Yeah Jose Molina use to play for Depor but Molina is the GK for Levante not Real Sociedad, whose GK is some Chilean guy called Bravo.

Surprised Celta and Real went down but it was good to see Athletic Bilbao remain in the top flight.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England 1-0 currently against the Netherlands, don’t want to put the mockers on them but the boys are looking fairly comfortable. Ryan Babel aside the Dutch look impotent going forward and at the other end of the pitch their GK looks very susceptible, Lita’s goal really should have been stopped.

Edit- As I type the Dutch are starting to get in the game and England are doing the same old trick they did against the Italians, going deeper and deeper.