• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
I reckon Croatia should waltz it myself, but I def agree C (especially) & E are stronger, yes.
And of course Croatia have a Brazilian-born striker (he is naturalised Croat) Eduardo da Silva so it will be a home-coming match for him given his background and IIRC the news didn't go down too well when he opted to play for Croatia, so he must be alright?

Craig

World Traveller
You just have to love ESPN don't you, ‘la partitissima’ (Inter v AC) is on tonight - 2nd v 3rd and either team has to win to keep up with Juve (was going to call them a worse name but James would ban me - even if it was in another language), and instead they want to show three live Spanish games instead, and it is hardly one of the 'big' clashes that is on. Who would you rather watch? ‘la partitissima’ or Malaga v Real Madrid (who along with Valencia and Barcelona you are certain to watch them play each week)?

Bah I might watch PSV v Feyenoord instead...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Craig said:
Well you can say the likes of Togo or Angola don't deserve tp be there, considering the likes of Nigeria and Cameroon didn't make it. I was a little saddened that Nigeria, because I was liking the prospect of seeing Martins at full flight, with his pace and his ever improving technique (ie dribbling skills and control of the ball), he could have a nightmare for defenders when they are starting to tire late in the game.
They do deserve to be there. They bested Nigeria and Cameroon so by all rights they've earned their places.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I thought Wenger's whining was amusing, especially when he goes 'I must need to change my eyes.'

You've been needing to do that, looking at some of the comments you've come out with over the years, for ages, mate.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
That display of finishing was terrible. Definitely missed van Nistelrooy in that match.
word, if he was their we could have easily won by a 2 goal margin.

Craig

World Traveller
Why did Arsenal not buy a replacement for Vieria and/or Edu? As good as Fabregas and Flamini are, you do need to replace the key players and there are a few out there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
2-0 ManUre. Great goal from the tubby pikey ginge. Keeper shouldn't be beaten at the near post like that tho.

& How average is Duncan Fletcher? Ronaldo must be badly out of form if The Purple Faced One is preferring him.

Craig

World Traveller
Wouldn't it be better to judge Alan Smith at the end of the season when has got used to his new position? Surely it isn't easy going from being an attacker to a defensive midfielder so therefore there must be some period of adjustment.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Champions League draw:

CHELSEA v Barcelona
Real Madrid v CDMs
Werder Bremen v Juventus
Bayern Munich v AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven v Lyon
Ajax v Inter Milan
Benfica v LIVERPOOL
RANGERS v Villarreal

Second game in that list should be an interesting battle of the over-rated poseurs. Obviously Chelsea have a rematch of last seasons CL tie. Liverpool should be happy with their draw.