• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Lanky could go for Chapple as replacement, would this be welcome amongst our hot-pot bretheren?

fredfertang

Looks like Lanky could go for Chapple as replacement, would this be welcome amongst our hot-pot bretheren?
As we can't, supposedly, afford an overseas player I suspect the crocodiles in the clubs coffers will dictate that is what will happen - personally I'd rather they signed Andy Flower, but can't see that happening

grecian

As we can't, supposedly, afford an overseas player I suspect the crocodiles in the clubs coffers will dictate that is what will happen - personally I'd rather they signed Andy Flower, but can't see that happening
Oh surprising, I'd have thought you'd all be behind the hero of Lanky, despite my rememberence of him getting ripped to pieces in the Old Trafford stands.

You're just looking to justify that (not so) ridiculous prediction you made
Coincidently this story just flipped up on my Twitter feed. Simon seems happy.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're just looking to justify that (not so) ridiculous prediction you made
You mean the prediction that your lot will be relegated?

I think it has a greater chance now Moores has gone. Big appointment to make for Lancs.

As for the Kerrigan thing, well he has got as good a record as anyone in recent times in CC so Moores may think he can keep him calm enough to do his talent justice at the highest level. The coach has one pick from their own county usually and Kerrigan is about the only option outside of the certainty Anderson.

fredfertang

Oh surprising, I'd have thought you'd all be behind the hero of Lanky, despite my rememberence of him getting ripped to pieces in the Old Trafford stands.
I'd be happy enough for him to get the gig, but not while we still need him to captain the side and open the bowling, not to mention the runs we need from him in view of our top order's deficiencies

grecian

I'd be happy enough for him to get the gig, but not while we still need him to captain the side and open the bowling, not to mention the runs we need from him in view of our top order's deficiencies
I guess, no such thing as a player manager in cricket?

I think Freddie said it best that ideally Moores would have been there for another year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Considering heading down to Old Trafford tomorrow if the weather looks ok. Buttler making his debut and Chapple fit, still no Hogg. Maybe they will leave out Wayne White and Kabir Ali and give Jarvis a game, but I don't hold out much hope.

grecian

Considering heading down to Old Trafford tomorrow if the weather looks ok. Buttler making his debut and Chapple fit, still no Hogg. Maybe they will leave out Wayne White and Kabir Ali and give Jarvis a game, but I don't hold out much hope.
Kabir deserves another game for gawds sake, he was top in your first one, he always is when fit.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kabir deserves another game for gawds sake, he was top in your first one, he always is when fit.
Oh its only so I can see Jarvis play. He didn't do much in the seconds last week so doubt he will play. It will be Anderson, Chapple & Kabir that line up barring injuries.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah if Jarvis didn't play with Chapple out then I definitely don't fancy his chances now that he's back. Anderson won't play many games obviously but not seeing him get a game with Hogg and Chapple both out was pretty disappointing in general. White playing ahead of him annoyed me but if we're being completely honest here, White probably should've been replaced with a batsman rather than Jarvis anyway. He's in competition with Kabir, who did really well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ha, just saw that Nathan Waller smashed a ton for Sussex Seconds against Jarvis's bowling last week. Would've been plenty of banter there; good mates I believe.

grecian

Oh its only so I can see Jarvis play. He didn't do much in the seconds last week so doubt he will play. It will be Anderson, Chapple & Kabir that line up barring injuries.
Yeah, fair enough, if your a fan, I must admit I've missed the jarvis CW fanathon thing, he always looks a bit ordinary to me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, fair enough, if your a fan, I must admit I've missed the jarvis CW fanathon thing, he always looks a bit ordinary to me.
Well I can't remember seeing much of him at all, so the reasons for wanting to see him play is to see what all the fuss is about. Since we signed him as the potential Chapple replacement, he has some pretty massive shoes to fill.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Chapple will not play in the OD stuff now he is going to be the acting coach - probably a sensible decision - it might have been better to do that even with Moores still at the helm.

The other option other than Chapple who could have stepped in is Gary Yates, he's been managing the seconds who have done pretty damn well for the last couple of years but not sure if thats just because we have a bigger squad than most other counties so he has a lot more resources to play with.

grecian

Apparently Chapple will not play in the OD stuff now he is going to be the acting coach - probably a sensible decision - it might have been better to do that even with Moores still at the helm.

The other option other than Chapple who could have stepped in is Gary Yates, he's been managing the seconds who have done pretty damn well for the last couple of years but not sure if thats just because we have a bigger squad than most other counties so he has a lot more resources to play with.
Chapple hasn't played much one-day stuff recently anyway has he?

I think a comboof him and Yates, whilst Glenn carries on playing will work fine for you guys, TBH.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
He played about half the OD/T20 games last year I think - he was still probably our most reliable seamer in OD cricket, which says a lot about the rest of our LO attack.