• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
We love our cricket. How dare the ECB take it away from us.
They had plenty time and oppotunity to upgrade Old Trafford or move and they've done neither. Why should other grounds who have made the effort and put the money in go without? Saying that i would love to see Tests at Old Trafford again, especially as we seem to do well there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We love our cricket. How dare the ECB take it away from us.
ECB can burn in hell, Old Trafford is ten times more exciting the lords and the oval
I love the way most of these indignant Lancastrians overlook the fact that the ECB actually deprived Yorkshire of Test cricket 4 years before it did such a thing to Lancashire.

(And yes, I know there was a one-off miss in 2003, but that doesn't count)

open365

International Vice-Captain
I love the way most of these indignant Lancastrians overlook the fact that the ECB actually deprived Yorkshire of Test cricket 4 years before it did such a thing to Lancashire.

(And yes, I know there was a one-off miss in 2003, but that doesn't count)
Yeh

Because Yorkshire suck

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah look, maybe we should look upon games at headingly in a tour de france sense....take the odd meaningless game there every few years for a stack of money...oh wait we've already got Durham for that.

Good to see more success for Tom Smith, shame he couldn't finish the game off. 6/100 or something and 90 runs for once out in the match is a decent return. But surely Leicestershire must be breaking the rules by playing him...don't they have to play a minimum number of Saffies?

Nice win for Lancashire, picking up after a poor season so far.

stumpski

International Captain
Can there be a more venerable combo in first-class cricket than Ealham bowling to Hick? This exchange must have first occurred around 20 years ago - the two have a combined age of 81.

stumpski

International Captain
Superb opening spell from Kabir Ali - 6-4-5-2 - has just about kept Worcs in the game here. I didn't catch the interview with Simon Jones, they spoke to him on Sky only a few weeks ago and I doubt he'd have had much different to say - anyone know why he isn't playing?

Incidentally one of Gareth Andrew's nicknames is 'Sobers' - seems cruelly ironic for a player with averages of 14 and 38.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gareth Andrew is one of the worst cricketers ever...

FFS, how the hell does a pie-chucker like Samit Patel get 8-33-3 while one of the best bowlers around, Ealham, gets 6-33-0?

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Apologies for keeping on shouting that Kabir Ali had changed his action, it looks exactly the same as during his England stint now - perhaps I imagined the change.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Am pretty sure he sometimes (maybe once an over) changes to a much slingier action possibly looking for a bit of reverse swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.