• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England v Ireland Test

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I have a meeting to attend in about 20 minutes so will have to log off then from watching. Sterling needs to take advantage of his overturned LBW if this game might continue to have some interest.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Too easy. We are showing Australia we mean Business and having extra time to prepare

Broad is warming up

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lack of a fifth bowler combined with England’s aging attack being exposed here with Leach on in the 12th over day one under leaden skies. You’d ideally want seam (they aren’t quick) from both ends but you can’t blame Stokes for not trusting Broad’s infirm frame to bowl a second spell so soon.

Will be the same with Cumulonimbus. Real problems ahead if/ when they play together in a four man attack.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can someone opine on what the pitch is like? Someone on Reddit posted an article in the Telegraph about they had dug up the whole top surface in order to try make it more BazBall favourable.

Burgey

It seems a bit two paced to me, but tbf its day one and cloudy. Some aren’t carrying through very well while the odd one has taken off. Doesn’t seem to have done too much really

Starfighter

It seems a bit two paced to me, but tbf its day one and cloudy. Some aren’t carrying through very well while the odd one has taken off. Doesn’t seem to have done too much really
The article said the specific aim was to make the ball come onto the bat and make it not two-paced. Make of that what you will.

Burgey

The article said the specific aim was to make the ball come onto the bat and make it not two-paced. Make of that what you will.
I think it’s early season tbf, session one and pretty cloudy. Can’t base a likely season on this

Starfighter

The number of batsmen who can actually play the sweep is about a tenth of those who think they can.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Pretty much as you'd expect for the first session.

Some early wickets - a combination of some decent bowling and a couple of poor shots.

I'd like to have seen us bat first, just to test our top order in tricky conditions.

When we bat conditions will be better and we'll probably tonk 400 or so in a day but won't really show us anything ahead of the Ashes.