• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England v Ireland Test

ashley bach

International Captain
There's going to be approx 1.5 days to spare here, what a wasted opportunity from England not to give Jonny a chance to find some form. Meek.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
It's a four day game.
And you want to play golf on Sunday. They pulled the pin at the right time tbh. Ireland aren't going to make England bat again. Cant Stokes and YJB just play some Blast games for time in the middle?

ataraxia

International Coach
Hi guys, good we've got the second new ball now, think we need some inroads here, but thankfully they're only 500–2

halba

International 12th Man
ireland is rubbish. the runs shown by pope and duckett is hardly an indication of what they will face in the ashes- proper bowling attack.

Ali TT

International Debutant
ireland is rubbish. the runs shown by pope and duckett is hardly an indication of what they will face in the ashes- proper bowling attack.
Yeah, has no bearing on the ashes but at least England haven't slipped up like they did in 2019. A much more clinical performance than then.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That’s so bad

I used to watch all cricket but after WI last summer & now Ireland, I am really struggling
It takes most teams 20+ years to get decent at tests unless your Pakistan and start with a cheat code like mahmood. Irish have already shown a ton of promise. Been smashed around a ton but in that time they gave Pakistan a big scare in the UAE, England a big scare in England and Bangladesh a big scare in Bangladesh. They've done really well so far overall.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It takes most teams 20+ years to get decent at tests unless your Pakistan and start with a cheat code like mahmood. Irish have already shown a ton of promise. Been smashed around a ton but in that time they gave Pakistan a big scare in the UAE, England a big scare in England and Bangladesh a big scare in Bangladesh. They've done really well so far overall.
Ireland doesn’t have a fc competition so it’s a pointless game for them

I know why this game is being played but a few odis and T20s is more appropriate

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland doesn’t have a fc competition so it’s a pointless game for them

I know why this game is being played but a few odis and T20s is more appropriate
Yeah your right on that front. They've got an ODI WC qualifier coming up soon, some Whitehall stuff with little playing would be far better for them.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think a few of the Irish players show they belong, I like the look of Tector and Campher and the keeper is more than useful with the bat and seeing as they are all mid 20s they can improve if Ireland play more tests. Obviously the bowling is weak but they probably did the right thing resting their best bowler for the bigger games coming up soon.

They will only improve if they play matches. We should be playing them in Ireland regularly at the back end of the summer, can blood new bowlers and gives them more experience.