• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Borges

International Regular
Are the ICC really going to suspend Holder for the slow over rate? If true I find that deeply disappointing
Deeply disappointing to me too, as a big fan of Holder. Nevertheless, it is right to come down heavily on unacceptably poor over rates.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are the ICC really going to suspend Holder for the slow over rate?

If true I find that deeply disappointing
Was he on a warning before the test like faf or is it a first offence?
On the ICC website there is an article which goes by the headline, 'Holder eyes series sweep to climb test rankings.'

I am not sure he was warned. There is no official statement regarding his slow-over rate.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Are the ICC really going to suspend Holder for the slow over rate?

If true I find that deeply disappointing
Yes, he has been suspended for the third test. Disappointing in more than one ways. One obviously being the new people favourite Holder not playing. The other more importantly being, WI and Holder might in future move away from the 4 pacers policy fearing this. Hope that doesn't happen.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally I'm grateful to Holder and his slow over rate for allowing England to extend the game as deep into the third day as they did

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I see shades of 2012 UAE tour here.
Good call actually, despite the different nature of the attacks that dicked us 5 times out of 5 and counting. On both occasions, misguided complacency immediately switched to waving the white flag when things got trickier than we expected.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Holder out of final test then banned, and i would expect Jospeh to miss out as well....changes for WI then...maybe a spinner to come in?

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Oshane is genuinely quick, another quickie for WI, would be good attack if they went

7.Holder
8.Oshane
9.Roach
10.Joseph
11.Gabriel

and then one of those miss out for a spinner...i know wont happen next text, but could happen in the future?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oshane is genuinely quick, another quickie for WI, would be good attack if they went

7.Holder
8.Oshane
9.Roach
10.Joseph
11.Gabriel

and then one of those miss out for a spinner...i know wont happen next text, but could happen in the future?
Over rate will not be good.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Didn't England lose a Test Match to Windies AT HOME. And only managed to draw the series prior to that.

And they think they should be Number 1 side #Embarrassing
Hahaha

I don't imagine any England supporter claiming the mace for a while...................until their next home series.

Tom Flint

International Regular
What's the west indies test fixtures over the next year or so? Have they got a good chance to build on this win and try to start moving up the rankings?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good call actually, despite the different nature of the attacks that dicked us 5 times out of 5 and counting. On both occasions, misguided complacency immediately switched to waving the white flag when things got trickier than we expected.
The 2012 side was good though

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Unfortunately if you bowl your overs that slowly, you deserve punishment. We'll need to find a way to get around slightly more quickly. If Shannon Gabriel bowls his overs even slightly more quickly, you'll probably be ok!

In Stock Lucia of bring in Keemo Paul for Holder and Oshane for Alzarri. Will be fun to see those two in action. St Lucia is usually the quickest and best pitch in the Caribbean. Looking forward to it.

I do agree though that Kraigg is a pretty dire captain, he's so defensive all the time.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Really oh ok. That really will be a major scalp if they can win that too!. The exciting for them is that there is none of there players coming to the end of their careers. Gabriel's fitness could be a worry but fast bowlers can go on to mid thirties if the are used wisely. Roach has remodelled himself to go on longer and has still got plenty in the tank. Alzari and holder obviously both got years left. If this isn't just a one off and they continue to improve then in 3\4 years time most of this team might still be playing. Be interesting to know the average age of most of the test teams and if this is in fact the youngest