• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Leach's FC average of 25 is mediocre then what does that make Moeen's of 38?
Moeen steps up at the next level though. Also he's the subject of my favourite Barmy Army song

"Mooooeen Moeen Moooeen Moeen Moooeen Moeen Moooeen AAAALI Haaashim Hashim Haaashim Hashim Haaashim Hashim Haaashim AAAMLA"

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moeen steps up at the next level though. Also he's the subject of my favourite Barmy Army song

"Mooooeen Moeen Moooeen Moeen Moooeen Moeen Moooeen AAAALI Haaashim Hashim Haaashim Hashim Haaashim Hashim Haaashim AAAMLA"
Well, only because Leach hasn't really had the chance to show it yet, he did outbowl him here after all.

Still unless something weird happens between now and the Ashes I'd still pick Moeen first. He does know how to bowl at home and his batting is significantly better.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So you think we'll play 3 spinners at Edgbaston for the opening Ashes test? Of course the team is going to change.......as Howe said earlier in the thread that bowling attack may very well never take the field together again.
By team, I meant the squad. Yes, Leach or Rashid might drop out since it is England but will still remain part of the core group for subcontinental tours. Jennings will definitely continue in the squad.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well, only because Leach hasn't really had the chance to show it yet, he did outbowl him here after all.

Still unless something weird happens between now and the Ashes I'd still pick Moeen first. He does know how to bowl at home and his batting is significantly better.
Don't really think Leach did outbowl Moeen here, unless you're talking about the third test.

Essexboi

Cricket Spectator
Jofra Archer might also get a game if reports just coming in are correct and that the ECB have changed the rules regarding his ineligibility, apparently will be free to play in the world Cup.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Sad news regarding archer. It doesn't sit well with me. I love england and support them and travel to watch them overseas but as a cricket fan before anything else I would much rather see him playing for and helping the West Indies continue to improve