• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

Stapel

International Regular
Proper test cricket, not! One gets stumped on his 6th delivery. Another gets himself LBW missing the sweep on his 7th ball.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mathews needs to slow down here if the scores in the two tests are to continue mirroring each other

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cracking test this. Need a wicket.
Another half hour of these two and SL will be favourites.

And it's crazy that Stokes hasn't had a bowl yet. He bowled a fantastic spell in the first test and we need to ask these guys some different questions.
It's captaincy by numbers for me. We're in SL and the ball's turning, so the quicker guys aren't worth a bowl.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Has to be worth seeing if Stokes or I don’t know, that bloke with hundreds of wickets can get some reverse before going to Roots part time whatever it is.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Has to be worth seeing if Stokes or I don’t know, that bloke with hundreds of wickets can get some reverse before going to Roots part time whatever it is.
Quite so.
But Root got Dickwella in the first innings so now he's the Murali's successor in these parts apparently.
It's just rank stupid captaincy.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Decidedly bad from England, but Mathews has been stupendous.
He's a very good player, and I remember him setting up their win at Leeds a few years ago.
Maybe someone will have a word with Root over tea. Fair enough if SL win this won, we've had our share of close wins against India. But let's at least make use of everything at our disposal.

SeamUp

International Coach
I have been avoiding calling this because of the potential collapase but this is definitely a potential humdinger.