• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies 2022

cnerd123

likes this
How Robinson got selected despite not being fit enough to take the park still boggles me.

There were points in the Ashes series where he was bowling slower than the speeds some of the women's cricketers have achieved in this World Cup. Was proper Paul Collingwood stuff. Bowling offbreaks cuz he's too tired to come in off his full run. And now as the spearhead he can't even get on the field.

Surely there are better medium-fast bowling options in England? Is the talent pool really that shallow?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How Robinson got selected despite not being fit enough to take the park still boggles me.

There were points in the Ashes series where he was bowling slower than the speeds some of the women's cricketers have achieved in this World Cup. Was proper Paul Collingwood stuff. Bowling offbreaks cuz he's too tired to come in off his full run. And now as the spearhead he can't even get on the field.

Surely there are better medium-fast bowling options in England? Is the talent pool really that shallow?
I mean he did start his career on fire. Even in Australia he did bowl well when fit.

But yeah, agreed this winter should be a black mark against him.

Do England have any good away from home bowlers who can actually bat? Even Wood seems a 9 which when the rest are basically #11’s isn’t good enough.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Haha criticism of his fitness is very warranted but that's definitely not why he was bowling off breaks. They hadn't selected a spinner and wanted a bit of spin at the time - and his off breaks are actually quite reasonable.
so anyone can just roll on in and bowl semi reasonable off breaks eh?

says something about the discipline of finger spin that posters with much more skin in the game than i might be best suited to point out ?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's bizarre that Woakes got kept given Overton was still playing anyway. I can kind of get giving Overton another Test, but Woakes is clearly no longer a realistic option outside of England. Fisher didn't look too bad on debut I thought?

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Is it really a bowl first pitch? It's not quite Manchester in late April surely.

Pressure on the openers!

ma1978

International 12th Man
The bookies seem to be giving Aus and Pak even odds but that doesn't feel right. Chasing 280 on a final day is really tough. Remember India and England at the Oval which had a similar day 5 dynamic.