• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not listening to the commentary so I'm not sure what point they were trying to make with this, but Embu keeps himself much more classically side on for longer - should enable him to get more drift as long as he finishes his action properly.

1611554006065.png

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible from the captain. He was spooked. They had a good over and 20-30 runs from these two would see England sweat. They know how difficult it will be chasing here.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dick and the n00b Mendis need to get them to 200 here. I would fancy England to chase anything below 200, SL have zero wicket-taking threat aside from Embuldeniya.

DriveClub

International Regular
Dick and the n00b Mendis need to get them to 200 here. I would fancy England to chase anything below 200, SL have zero wicket-taking threat aside from Embuldeniya.
I wouldn't rule out embul bowling 40 overs unchanged tbh

Shri

Mr. Glass
spinners who bowled on sticky wickets (uncovered pitches?) need to have their records taken away

no skill necessary other than pitching the ball on the pitch

SeamUp

International Coach
180 would have been a tough chase but you got to question the wisdom of these Sri Lankan batsmen in the manner they giving their wickets away. If they lose this poorly then a lot of questions need to be asked.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chandimal should just never be allowed to be captain tbh. I know Karuna is injured right now but the only thing captaincy ever achieves for Chandiguns is getting him dropped.

Mathews should have filled in instead - uninspiring but at least it doesn't make him lose his mind.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Andrew Fernando going to write another terrible article about how fun Dickwella is after that?

DriveClub

International Regular
Chandimal should just never be allowed to be captain tbh. I know Karuna is injured right now but the only thing captaincy ever achieves for Chandiguns is getting him dropped.

Mathews should have filled in instead - uninspiring but at least it doesn't make him lose his mind.
Lakmal is another one with captaincy experience. SL is like Pakistan anyone whos played x amount of games becomes a temporary captain