• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

Flem274*

123/5
hahaha just seen the celebrations. he's a tosser but should play. you want him to play so you can smash him. nothing better than seeing blokes like him dragging their bottom lips around the park chasing some leather.

91Jmay

International Coach
So what kind of celebrations deserve demerit points according to the ICC? According to the rules its "gestures which could provoke an aggressive reaction from the batsman". I saw Bumrah bowling the west indies batsmen over and over last year , smiling at them as they were walking off and shrugging at them as if to say 'well what could you have done'. It was ****y as **** tbh and could easily have provoked a reaction if some of the west indies players were less mild mannered.
Celebrations not done by England, Aus or India.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy enough with Denly taking time out of the game and hardness off the ball and averaging 30. It is basically what I wanted Ballance to do a few years ago but we went with Vince.
I really don't think what Denly is doing right now is sustainable, he has had almost no low scores which is weird for any top order player and they are bound to come. Basically he needs to make some big scores soon or that average will drop and you are looking at someone averaging 20.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Happy enough with Denly taking time out of the game and hardness off the ball and averaging 30. It is basically what I wanted Ballance to do a few years ago but we went with Vince.
I would always have been happy with Vince at 5 in that period. But, y'know, Baliss and all that wanting a sr of 70 at the top of the order...

Meanwhile it is exciting to see some players at the start of their career shining, it does feel that there is a new side emerging, they do need a little time and faith but the initial signs are positive.

Gnske

He gets less opportunity than a bowler does... you more likely to get a demerit point while in the field than when batting.
He does most of his shenanigans in the field though. But he has the brains to do it from a distance.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
He does most of his shenanigans in the field though. But he has the brains to do it from a distance.
Other than the number of times you've seen Kohli run up to the batsmen?

But point still stands more likely to get a demerit in the field than when batting, and this will be particularly true for bowlers who are literally standing next to the batsmen whenever they are doing their job.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The rain seems to be allowing the ball to come onto the bat better this morning than it did yesterday. However, the bowling has just not been good enough.

Gnske

Other than the number of times you've seen Kohli run up to the batsmen?

But point still stands more likely to get a demerit in the field than when batting, and this will be particularly true for bowlers who are literally standing next to the batsmen whenever they are doing their job.
Agreed on the latter. But unless I'm forgetting a few incidents, Kohli generally does his screaming and lunacy away with sufficient distance from the batsman, not encroaching on them or anything.

Genuinely, I can't recall him going that far at least in the last few years.