• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Stokes seems to have really spooked the South Africans. Maharaj aside, I don’t think they know how to get him out and they seem to be setting fields for him doing something stupid as opposed to nicking off against the new ball. Nice knock again from Pope. He looks the part. Wicket is flat but England are one session away from being halfway there and even on this wicket you don’t fancy many of the South African batsman going big. Paterson selection looks pretty ordinary at this stage.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i know that big vern hasn’t taken many wickets outside of the first test but far out his economy rate has been insane

containing’s overrated when the gu at the other end isn’t doing anything but jeez he’s had a series, even if it doesn’t show in the wickets column

Stefan9

International Debutant
Any reason why you wouldn't give kg the new ball last night. Was the best bowler of the day along with keshav.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Overcast and muggy this morning. Been occasional shower. Will probably burn off by midday but may be a delayed start.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Cowdrey and Richard Ellison v India in 1984?
Good call. I realised later that my previous suggestion was wrong but didn't want to clog up the thread replying to myself. Apart from anything else, Woolmer and Tavare batted together against WI in 1980 and Dilly and Underwood probably batted together in India during 1981/82. But the latest I could find was Ellison and Dilley against India in 1986. Only talking about test matches of course.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
i know that big vern hasn’t taken many wickets outside of the first test but far out his economy rate has been insane

containing’s overrated when the gu at the other end isn’t doing anything but jeez he’s had a series, even if it doesn’t show in the wickets column
After his performance in the first test I think they're seeing him off rather than trying very hard to score. Not saying the other guys don't pose a threat, but they usually provide some scoring opportunities too.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I assume Rabada’s ban is accumulation of points?
If not, that’s very weak.

Good news for Bavuma though. He now has to play at Jo’Burg.

SeamUp

International Coach
Wow I think that is incredibly poor.

I wouldn't be wasting my energy on a scream like that but he didn't do it in the batsman's face or anything.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This latest demerit point is nonsense. Did he say something we're not privy to? It was fine, just passionate.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
The Rabada demerit point is a joke.

Buttler deserves 4 if that is 1 point. Not the first time they've given Rabada some iffy demerit points, is it racism?

Ruined another series well done useless ICC

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I assume Rabada’s ban is accumulation of points?
If not, that’s very weak.
Yeah, it's because his fourth infraction in under two years apparently.

I don't know if celebrating a wicket excessively in someone's face is worthy of a point, but it's really easy to just not be a knob to other people while on tv, y'know

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So I have the Aus vs Ind on big screen but in the bottom corner of the same screen I have this test and with the Test comms and the crowd (English crowd) in fine voice, its so much better.

This has been a real nice start to the morning for England.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
How tf has Rabada been given a demerit point for that??? All he was doing was celebrating to himself - literally nothing in it at all

Howe_zat

Audio File
Runs suddenly coming very easily after yesterday's death grip.

Suggests that SA did very well to keep the runs down and throttle England in the middle session.