• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I just drove home from work, 20 min that took.... and 4... no 5 wickets!! dont know whether to be happy or sad :) Thank goodness for Eng long batting line-up!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I just drove home from work, 20 min that took.... and 4... no 5 wickets!! dont know whether to be happy or sad :) Thank goodness for Eng long batting line-up!
Not sure they'll be able to rebuild this fiasco. Handy for a quick few when there isn't much pressure, but that isn't what they're facing today.

Marius

International Debutant
Nice of England to try keep the series alive ahead of Cape Town.

Could have been at Wanderers today, my friend had a ticket for me. But my mother selfishly decided to have a birthday this weekend so taking her out for dinner tonight.

91Jmay

International Coach
If we can bat out the overs from here we should post something we can bowl at, at least. Quite a big if though.

Woden

Cricket Spectator
England showing the value of batting deep... most sides would have been out the game.... SA almost definitely...

They are still in this game, after I had practically written them off....

Compton

International Debutant
England showing the value of batting deep... most sides would have been out the game.... SA almost definitely...

They are still in this game, after I had practically written them off....
I've still got them written off. They need a Joe Root shaped miracle to get to a competitive score, here.

Compton

International Debutant
I think Root has just reviewed this because he realises that England need him to not be out.

Edit: never mind, he's hit it.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Where would we be without Root. All formats.

I don't think it matters what we get from here, I doubt anything under 300 would be enough. This middle order performance makes it look like Taylor would be a nice plug in there somewhere.