• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
It shouldn't be. Par 400.
Wicket looks better for both stroke-play and bowling due to more pace and bounce.

Once shine goes off, it is very good for batting.

social

Neil Pickup said:
Now just to get the two proper batsmen out and suddenly it's game on again.

Who said Hoggard shouldn't be in the side in Pakistan?
Good bowling but 2 horrible shots.

Pakistani top-order, Butt aside, is woeful.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Pakistan look to have gone back to their old ways of top order collapses. Asim Kamal was never going to score more than 20, if you realize how terrible his run of form has been. That wicket was to be expected, though Malik should've put at least 20 or 30 on the board. I'm not surprised by this score. As usual (maybe even as always), it all comes down to Inzamam and Yousuf. Anyway, it looks like we'll be getting a result in this match.

Scaly piscine

Barney Rubble said:
Certainly sounds like he's having a lot of trouble - apparently five plays and misses in six balls. That's Shabbir-esque.
So I gather Cricinfo is talking crap (again) when it says "Liam Plunkett also deserves huge credit for his resilience on debut. He survived 51 balls and 83 minutes with few alarms"?

Anyway will be interesting to see how potato does starting his innings against the new ball (TMS said he'd be in next if that's wrong).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
So I gather Cricinfo is talking crap (again) when it says "Liam Plunkett also deserves huge credit for his resilience on debut. He survived 51 balls and 83 minutes with few alarms"?

Anyway will be interesting to see how potato does starting his innings against the new ball (TMS said he'd be in next if that's wrong).
Playing and missing by quite a long way - I don't think they could be classed as alarms.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
It is Yousuf who is due in next, but Inzamam might end up starting against the new ball regardless. Hopefully that will be the second new ball though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i am off to that place called school hopefully when i check the score at lunchtime (uk time) England's bowlers would have made some inroads into pakistan's batting.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Vaughan gives Plunkett a go before both these guys are completely set. Flintoff's not doing a lot, so give the guy a break.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't think there are more than 70 runs for Pakistan after the 4th wicket falls. England can get into a great position if they get the 3rd and 4th wickets fairly soon.

Prior looks like DS Lehmann.

Last edited:

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
If the one that went to Collingwood maybe should have been taken, that one to Flintoff definitely should have been. I don't now how costly it will be, since Harmison really is right on top of Yousuf. He may not last long.

Scaly piscine

Neil Pickup said:
Neither. Bad catching.
Well one drops short of Collingwood and the next one is low to Flintoff. Obviously the latter was dropped...

Anyway Harmison has 0-23 off 4 overs, when it could be 1-13 or something.