• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

jcas0167

International Debutant
That's just for England. Boult did it in the return series last summer.

It tells you how much England usually rely on slip catches for their new ball wickets more than other sides, probably
Thanks, when I went to post that I was meaning to specify for England but it got omitted (have had a few beers). Other than Boult's effort I suspect it would be pretty rare for NZ and other sides too. Top order players in theory shouldn't be getting bowled that often.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yep, expected a lot more from our batting which still looks pretty strong aside from Nicholls.
I expected a quality top 6 sans Nicholls to put up a fight
Yup did expect to chase 350 on this deck
I'll get back in my box - looks like I was the only one that isn't surprised by what is happening. It's a shame we didn't have the Sri Lanka series first, might have helped get our batsmen in form.

As others have said, hope to see Phillips in the next Test as well.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'll get back in my box - looks like I was the only one that isn't surprised by what is happening. It's a shame we didn't have the Sri Lanka series first, might have helped get our batsmen in form.

As others have said, hope to see Phillips in the next Test as well.
I think we’ve all gotten used to Southee-Boult taking the game away from the opposition at home, and Wagner/Jaimeson doing the business when they have an off day. This is our first real look at what happens when that combination has broken up, plus an opposition attack made for the pink ball under lights.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I do hope 'trolls' are not bagging our team. Sure things look dire at the moment - shades of the capitulation against Bangladesh at Bay Oval that didn't overly concern anyone - but some doughty fighting by Mitch and Mace should right the ship. Whatever happens, Stead and Larsen and the current coaching group must be allowed to stay on from as long as they like. What we don't need is an injection of fresh thinking and new ideas spreading through the playing group like some sort of uncontrollable virus. Stay calm, stay conservative, don't rock the boat - that's the NZ way.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do hope 'trolls' are not bagging our team. Sure things look dire at the moment - shades of the capitulation against Bangladesh at Bay Oval that didn't overly concern anyone - but some doughty fighting by Mitch and Mace should right the ship. Whatever happens, Stead and Larsen and the current coaching group must be allowed to stay on from as long as they like. What we don't need is an injection of fresh thinking and new ideas spreading through the playing group like some sort of uncontrollable virus. Stay calm, stay conservative, don't rock the boat - that's the NZ way.
Whoa, you brutally owned all the people that are saying this.