• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Shady Slim

International Coach
I do hope 'trolls' are not bagging our team. Sure things look dire at the moment - shades of the capitulation against Bangladesh at Bay Oval that didn't overly concern anyone - but some doughty fighting by Mitch and Mace should right the ship. Whatever happens, Stead and Larsen and the current coaching group must be allowed to stay on from as long as they like. What we don't need is an injection of fresh thinking and new ideas spreading through the playing group like some sort of uncontrollable virus. Stay calm, stay conservative, don't rock the boat - that's the NZ way.
man obviously i don't pay as much attention to nz threads as i do aus ones but why whenever i open an nz thread do i see you being an onerous boor

vandem

International 12th Man
To be fair, did any NZ fan expect a different result with the team we have against a red-hot England?
I was surprised we got within 100 runs in 1st innings. My pick for 2nd innings (messaged to father-in-law at end of Eng innings) was 186 all out, high score Macewell 47.

Anderson Broad Robinson is a good attack for day / night games. Still can't figure out why Kuggs preferred over steadier Duffy. Southee + Duffy under lights would have given up less free hit half trackers.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I was surprised we got within 100 runs in 1st innings. My pick for 2nd innings (messaged to father-in-law at end of Eng innings) was 186 all out, high score Macewell 47.

Anderson Broad Robinson is a good attack for day / night games. Still can't figure out why Kuggs preferred over steadier Duffy. Southee + Duffy under lights would have given up less free hit half trackers.
Duffy's father didn't play 1st class cricket at the start of Gavin Larsen's career and Duffy isn't from ND.

Flem274*

123/5
I went to cancel my Spark sport but I see they took my money today for March.

Losing is fine but losing because of the good old boys and picking the alleged....spew.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I think it's time to realize we've hit the road bump. As much as I want to talk up our side there's got to be a reason we haven't won in like 10 test matches.

Not easy to replace ross, CDG, boult, Jamieson and henry.

That said got to get on but need some freshness in thinking and likely personnel.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Fletcher earned his call up.

I hate the 90s mafia too but we should still be fair.
Blundell had earned that wicket keeping spot after years of being back up, had three quiet tests and the replacement was rolled into the squad. Like what happened with a few others except Blundell scored runs from his fourth keeping test onwards and saved his spot.

I do find it interesting how some players are given ropes that are several years long, the likes of Young, Ajaz, Ravindra get one or two tests before they're gone.

Also if Blundell had have been dropped I'd argue Cleaver deserved that spot, not Fletcher.