• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's been a great 5 match home:away series between these two teams. Think 4:1 is a pretty fair reflection of where they stand with respect to each other. England clearly that bit better in all departments, but NZ fully deserving to get on the scoreboard.

As much as Wagner shouldn't be playing it's great to see him and Timmy and Kane get one last scrap with their old rivals in Broad, Jimmy and Root and getting the best of them.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Or winning the Ashes for that matter, 5-nil Oz win coming up :notworthy
The Ashes will be a strongly contested series this time. But Australia will need a mentally fine Cummins to turn up. I am hoping all goes well for him personally and he returns to Ashes stronger.

jcas0167

International Debutant
It's easy to say now, but would Foakes have been better served taking the Steve Waugh approach and let Leach take strike (must have turned down about 15 runs at least)? Leach seems a reasonably well organised player.

Ultimately, an amazing test match and kudos to Wagner for sticking at it when he must have been exhausted. Stokes and McCullum have said they're trying to make test cricket exciting and they're delivering on that.

thierry henry

International Coach
How are they not rating themselves to get a no 10 and 11 by conventional means?
Like….it worked again, it’s worked for years, it’s ****ing Wagnerball baby….but I honestly still think we could’ve got Leach and/or Anderson by going full and straight with slips.Or hell, even Wagnerball with yorkers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's been a great 5 match home:away series between these two teams. Think 4:1 is a pretty fair reflection of where they stand with respect to each other. England clearly that bit better in all departments, but NZ fully deserving to get on the scoreboard.

As much as Wagner shouldn't be playing it's great to see him and Timmy and Kane get one last scrap with their old rivals in Broad, Jimmy and Root and getting the best of them.
That 3-0 had a few close ones in it. 3-1 instead of 4-1 probably accurate too

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
The Ashes will be a strongly contested series this time. But Australia will need a mentally fine Cummins to turn up. I am hoping all goes well for him personally and he returns to Ashes stronger.
Generally speaking Oz do bounce back well when they're beaten as bad as they're likely to against us in India. Cummins will be the key & if they have their full strength bowling I do expect them to win in Eng, even if not through a whitewash.

anil1405

International Captain
Most of the close finishes involving England in the last decade or two have gone their way. Nice to see one go against them and more importantly in NZs favour.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm exhausted watching this test match, imagine the players. I need a drink and at least a week to recover.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Most of the close finishes involving England in the last decade or two have gone their way. Nice to see one go against them and more importantly in NZs favour.
Too many, the tide will turn though like what happens when Anders/Broad & then Stokes retire? Bassball only works when they have the players to pull it off, they'll find winning is not so easy when you don't have the same quality anymore! The ODI approach is interesting but again as I noted previously it's not sustainable IMO - for instance Crawley won't become a world beater just because of a change in approach.