• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if you point out that Root has been dismissed previously playing a similar shot, in your mind you have just proven that Root did not intend to play the shot and that the poster who said that he did was wrong and owes you an apology?
Not at all. I simply made an observation about the problems he's had playing the shot in the past, in response to you saying those who watch Root know he placed it where he did. Well, I've watched Root and seen him nick off to it. Both of these things can co-exist. Then when you responded I explained my pov which is he's unsuited to playing on fast decks with an open face technique on the dab cut, which you took as some suggestion he's a **** player.

Anyway, I'm done with this. This is too good a finish to a test for either of us to continue worrying about this when it's pretty plain we're talking at cross purposes anyway.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah he had been an obstinate #11 a number of times. Just wondering if they will miss it and more importantly, the risk of being a bowler down due to injury if he has to face up to short balls.
Yes. India especially had found him hard to dismiss. He is one of the better No 11s in test history.

Brook's side

International 12th Man
Not at all. I simply made an observation about the problems he's had playing the shot in the past, in response to you saying those who watch Root know he placed it where he did. Well, I've watched Root and seen him nick off to it. Both of these things can co-exist. Then when you responded I explained my pov which is he's unsuited to playing on fast decks with an open face technique on the dab cut, which you took as some suggestion he's a **** player.

Anyway, I'm done with this. This is too good a finish to a test for either of us to continue worrying about this when it's pretty plain we're talking at cross purposes anyway.
you ever tried boring someone to death?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez this is a risk tstl. Not sure if Leach is going to be good enough to edge one which rips out of the rough anyway, but he is good enough to put away the occasional short filth which Bracewell has dished up.