• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's also waiting for the moment when Crowe and Botham boil over...I am. I reckon it'll happen at some stage during the tour.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nah, I still think it was fairly ironic that you blasted England for thinking they were a good team after winning a few games in a joke format and then beated your chest about NZ's #3 ODI ranking.
Nah, because as far as I am concerned, the only form of cricket NZ plays is ODI.

The fact that teams like Australia and England play 5 Test-series and avearge in double digits per year. Whereas NZ plays 2-3 Test-series and struggle to play half the Test matches that other sides play, makes Test cricket a bit of a joke, to me.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori is going to get better and better over the next few years I think. And you wouldn't believe it..but another bizarre run-out.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon Luke Wright in to open with Cook, drop Bopara & Swann out (cause he doesn't look like making runs or wickets) bat Mustard lower and bring in Mascarenhas who was really impressive with his slower bowling.
Swann shouldn't be called on to bat as early as he's been doing though. I wouldn't be dropping him, as he's one of their better ODI bowlers, despite his lack of games.

The only change I'd make is dropping Bell, moving Bopara to #3 and bringing in Mascarenhas. Depending on how well the English bowlers go, obviously.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but what kind of mental state will Bopara be in now? two terrible innings with a couple of shocking run outs. I suppose Bell isn't in the best of places right now either.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
After a couple of in-different years with the fielding..New Zealand really look like they're returning to their best in the field.

Perm

Would like to see Ryder play a good innings today, show us that he has an array of shots. So far we've basically just seen the forward defensive and the slog over midwicket.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Would like to see Ryder play a good innings today, show us that he has an array of shots. So far we've basically just seen the forward defensive and the slog over midwicket.
Would like to see How opening with McCullum tbh

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
With the slog over midwicket..I hope you're not referring to that six he hit which he just rolled his wrists too?

Im presuming you haven't seen too much of Ryder. I've been fortunate to see a few games he's played in as well as played him once or twice a number of years ago. This guy can play..he is incredibly gifted. Im hoping that now he;s on the international scene, he'll knuckle down and find some consistency.

Perm

With the slog over midwicket..I hope you're not referring to that six he hit which he just rolled his wrists too?

Im presuming you haven't seen too much of Ryder. I've been fortunate to see a few games he's played in as well as played him once or twice a number of years ago. This guy can play..he is incredibly gifted. Im hoping that now he;s on the international scene, he'll knuckle down and find some consistency.
Nah, there's been a few times when he's just had a crack at smashing it over midwicket, which I don't really want to see, especially after what's happened to Ross Taylor. Plus his stance makes him look like he favours midwicket too.

The few games against England are the only time I've seen him bat, so I'm not ideally placed to comment on him, but the impression I've got from him so far is that he doesn't have a great off-side game. I'm probably wrong, I just want him to show me that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, there's been a few times when he's just had a crack at smashing it over midwicket, which I don't really want to see, especially after what's happened to Ross Taylor. Plus his stance makes him look like he favours midwicket too.

The few games against England are the only time I've seen him bat, so I'm not ideally placed to comment on him, but the impression I've got from him so far is that he doesn't have a great off-side game. I'm probably wrong, I just want him to show me that.
Played a nice shot over cover point in the first ODI IIRC.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I agree with the others who said that Bopara should be pushed up the order, and I think it was PEWS who said either play him at 3 or not all. Exactly right. Dmitri should be in at 7 if they think Bopara should be there. But I'm not too sure about dropping Bell, though I haven't been gauging his form.