• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson on the familiar fall-in-a-heap here. 12 overs in this game so far for 84, following 10 for 86 in the ODI at this ground.

Sheeysh, I hope Hoggard gets back in at the start of the summer!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, that Anderson previous over was horribly familiar - and I don't mean from watching him, I mean from my own bowling. Sometimes, you're trying for all your money to pitch the thing up but everything just keeps coming out short. Most annoying thing is people geeing-up after every ball "c'mon Rich, let's pitch it up!"

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks James, Bell's looking much better now. Was very nice of him to help him out like that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson knows what it's like to be down. Kind of him to lend a hand in giving someone the chance to get out.

Hope we get How out soon though FFS.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, for the last three days we've been pretty naff during the morning session. Then I've gone to sleep and we've got good. Hopefully more of the same in the next sixty overs, please...

lord brown

Cricket Spectator
Close shout for LBW.

James Anderson has been very poor IMO, think good things may come from Monty this innings though

_Ed_

In fact Bell is looking so good now (desperately close LBW shout just then aside...I think there was enough doubt in that though) I think that whether or not he makes the England trip will depend on the next 10 minutes.

If he gets out before lunch after getting such a good start, that wouldn't be a good look and would probably be the end of his time in the side. Otherwise I think he'll be retained.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Close shout for LBW.
In fact Bell is looking so good now (desperately close LBW shout just then aside...I think there was enough doubt in that though) I think that whether or not he makes the England trip will depend on the next 10 minutes.
No way was that out for my money, clearly struck outside the line of off. If Bell'd been given out he could justifiably have been very sore on Rudi indeed.

lord brown

Cricket Spectator
Not a bad start from the Kiwi's but we still have five sessions to bowl them out and surely England can't **** this one up

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Right, luncheon & bed for me as I'm back to work on the morrow.

I'm taking 230/3 at stumps, a 50 for Bell & Fleming unbeaten on 50+.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hope we get How out soon after Lunch or it'll be time to start thinking "we should've batted on longer".

Natman20

International Debutant
Its a long way to go. I think to draw the match this opening partnership will have to stay together for the majority of the day and make it to at least 150 or so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If they survive the next 2 sessions (and even if they don't and Fleming\Sinclair\Taylor do) they'll get substantially more than 100 runs in that time. Anderson will have to bowl sometime, remember.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Code:
Bowling          O M R  W Econ  
RJ Sidebottom    6 2 9  0 1.50  
JM Anderson      5 1 30 0 6.00  
SCJ Broad        5 3 2  0 0.50  
MS Panesar       4 2 5  0 1.25
Rarely do you see such polarised economy-rates, even after just 20 overs

Last edited:

_Ed_

We won't get the runs, but a draw is a possibility if we keep batting like this.