• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A successful chase is just not happening barring some insane batting imo. If they play around 80 overs tomorrow the required run rate is 4.25.

More likely to be bundled out for 250.

Howsie

International Captain
Why so bitter, bro?
Not bitter at all. Wagner just isn’t that good, certainly not on the same level as Southee and Boult. He is what he is, a middling fast medium bowler who is close to being a side show when it comes to test cricket.

I was surprised he didn’t pick up those declaration wickets today because he usually does.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A successful chase is just not happening barring some insane batting imo. If they play around 80 overs tomorrow the required run rate is 4.25.
Yeah it was still an outside chance before they went off for bad light. Only two results possible now though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Saw Latham and Raval's innings this afternoon and was impressed. Couldn't care less that they (especially Raval) played and missed a lot. There was certainly enough movement with the new ball to need a little luck playing and missing, and it didn't seem to bother them. That one Raval wore looked sore though!

After they failed in the first innings the question was asked what they would have to do to get dropped. Ten ducks in a row? There's no other way you could convince me to get back on the opener merry-go-round. These two are it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must commend whoever put the stumps in the ground for this test. Been watching the past couple of day's highlights and it is so nice to see them actually come out of the ground like they should. Makes the dismissal just that much better to watch.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
England have just about been the better side this test, wouldn't grudge them a victory if they bowled well enough tomorrow. (Also perhaps a bit unlucky in losing those overs to bad light?) However I think NZ will be pretty disappointed if this ends 1-1 given how the first test was dominated, and that they've managed to claw back everytime England have been in the ascendancy this test.

How extremely sad that this series, like the 2015 one, is all of 2 tests long. Every time these sides meet it seems to be before or on the back of an Ashes tour.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward today to us putting right the wrong of the Lords test three years ago, and clinging on for a draw, ultimately resulting in an NZ series win.

Meridio

International Regular
I have actually been surprisingly confident and not nervous about us saving this test, given the flatness of the pitch, time that will be lost to bad light etc. - but that wicket has sent that feeling tumbling.

Oh, ****. We're screwed.