• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in Ireland 2015***

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
England vs Ireland

England in Ireland, Only ODI, 2015, Game 1
Friday, 8 May, 7:45 PM
The Village, Dublin

Both sides have named their squads. England's is very light on for experience, potentially featuring up to 6 debutants.

England:
James Taylor [captain] (Nottinghamshire), Zafar Ansari (Surrey), Jonny Bairstow [wk] (Yorkshire), Sam Billings [wk] (Kent), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Steven Finn (Middlesex), Lewis Gregory (Somerset), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), James Vince (Hampshire), David Willey (Northamptonshire) + additional players from the West Indies Test squad (expected to include Adil Rashid)

Ireland:
William Porterfield [captain] (Warwickshire), Andrew Balbirnie (Middlesex), Alex Cusack (Clontarf), George Dockrell (Somerset), Ed Joyce (Sussex), Andrew McBrine (Donemana), John Mooney (North County), Tim Murtagh (Middlesex), Kevin O’Brien (Railway Union), Niall O’Brien [wk] (Leicestershire), Paul Stirling (Middlesex), Stuart Thompson (Eglinton), Gary Wilson [wk] (Surrey), Craig Young (Bready).

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Very much a win for Dan Pty Ltd Ltd here, as two weeks ago I wrote this article and now can shamelessly self-promote (or be very concerned that England selectors and I think alike) given that four of my five bois have been picked, including the much-maligned Zafar Ansari.

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
So pumped up about this. Ireland start as slight favourites for mine but england can obviously win it. And hopefully vince will get an opportunity, i enjoyed the little i had seen of him

No rain pls :mad:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
biased cricinfo headline FTL:@

It's a pretty exciting squad, could do without Bres, but at least HZ will be pleased.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I kind of like him in their, something comforting about old Bres. Vince and Billings pleases me a great deal.

Morgan should be made to come back from the IPL and captain this if wants to keep his job.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
biased cricinfo headline FTL:@

It's a pretty exciting squad, could do without Bres, but at least HZ will be pleased.
Yeah I thought you'd be disappointed at Gregory not making the headline. Further proof of a pro-Bopara, anti-Somerset bias, obvs.

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
Murtagh is out injured. He had recovered after injuring his back against somerset but tore a hammy in the very next match. Its not ideal that he was rushed so soon but cant really complain because he is contracted to his county

Hopefully craig young will be included today. He may not be the answer to ireland's pace woes but what we saw at the world cup is not taking them anywhere

Ohh, and the forecast isnt great

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
England bowling first with some rain expected later in the day. Given it rained overnight too, James Taylor presumably wants to let his quick use any remaining moisture, and to know what he's chasing later this afternoon.

Waiting on team composition.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Billings and Gregory left out for England, McBrine and Thompson for Ireland.

I think England's messed up this selection, to be honest. I'm an Ansari fanboy but he shouldn't be playing ODIs unless he's in the top 3 IMO. Billings a far better option, though admittedly that would, in turn, leave England very short on cake. Also disappointing to see England go back to Bresnan while leaving Gregory on the bench.

Ireland's got it right IMO.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
James Franklin playing on an Irish passport too IIRC. And Bracewell's making a serious point of trying to get Rankin back.