• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

stumpski

International Captain
Starting to get behind the rate here ... Bell's been there a long time for 40.

Two boundaries in three balls after I posted that. :)

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
40 off 76 and still blocking the worst opposition bowler. If Bell gets out now I'll wait at the airport to stab him

...better

Howe_zat

Audio File
A pleasant gift from Dhoni to bowl some more Yuvraj when Jadeja is already the 5th bowler, and a much better left-arm spinner.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dhoni working on the theory every English batsman is Pietersen, IMHO.

Yuk, rank half tracker from Ashwin as I type. Root does the necessary.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It'll be close this. Good partnership but we've no idea how they'll manage it in about 5 overs' time when they have to kick on.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
A pleasant gift from Dhoni to bowl some more Yuvraj when Jadeja is already the 5th bowler, and a much better left-arm spinner.
Dhoni working on the theory every English batsman is Pietersen, IMHO.
England did a horrific job of handling Yuvraj in the T20's, and have played Jadeja terribly all series. Was probably worth giving him a couple of overs.

Just because Jadeja and Yuvraj are the 5th and 6th bowlers, doesn't mean they're going to be the most expensive and the ones we play the best.

Jadjea 4 overs for 9 runs as I type 8-)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
England did a horrific job of handling Yuvraj in the T20's, and have played Jadeja terribly all series. Was probably worth giving him a couple of overs.

Just because Jadeja and Yuvraj are the 5th and 6th bowlers, doesn't mean they're going to be the most expensive and the ones we play the best.

Jadjea 4 overs for 9 runs as I type 8-)
Don't think there was anything wrong in the strategy of bringing on the 6th bowler personally, but after having barely bowled Yuvraj for 2 series now to expect him to straight up come and bowl a couple of tight overs wasn't the best decision.

Should have maybe brought on Raina who he has used more.

stumpski

International Captain
And Jadeja's good series continues ...

And here's Eoin Morgan, the 'finisher' who - as the TMS comm has just said, "has been finishing prematurely." :blink:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Given Bres is fit enough to bowl here, has he just been dropped for NZ? Hardly a ringed endorsement of Meaker in any event.
I don't think his elbow issues are really an injury though are they? More of a thing that has happened him and meant he's not at his best. I'm sure he could continue playing like it is, but England just felt that with the Champions Trophy and double Ashes bill coming they'd be better off if they could try and get him back to his best and examining it. England obviously decided that even with his elbow meaning he isn't as good as he was 18 months ago, that he would still do a better job than Meaker.