• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Leach won't play in the second test so Bashir will replace him. That would also suggest we need to stick with one seam bowler. Robinson would be my choice.

Molehill

International Captain
Leach won't play in the second test so Bashir will replace him. That would also suggest we need to stick with one seam bowler. Robinson would be my choice.
Bashir has the opportunity to become the fourth debutant spinner in a row to take a fivefer (Jacks, Rehan, Hartley).

chris.hinton

International Captain
The coaching that Stokes and McCullum put into the spinners is awesome.

Hartley 24, Ahmed 19, Bashir 20

What an exciting future for spin. And they are still learning. India are going to lose 5-0

danzydab

U19 12th Man
i wonder if leach's place in jeopardy. hartley fills the spin quota and the no.8 who can bat.

dont think hartley will be as effective as leach outside asian conditions though.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
i wonder if leach's place in jeopardy. hartley fills the spin quota and the no.8 who can bat.

dont think hartley will be as effective as leach outside asian conditions though.
Leach would still likely be no.1 for a test played in England, yes but his round the world record isn't that great outside of Asia, and I think Joe Root has a better test match bowling average INSIDE Asia than him. Indeed Leach averages 32.09 in Asia to Root's 29.90. It is a bit disingenuous though as Leach has bowled a lot more overs than him there and Root's 5-6 on the last tour a significant factor in that.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain

Are you basing that on his action or his stage of career? I do think Hartley has demonstrated a bit of fight and willingness to learn.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man Bazball will be the greatest revolution in cricket since reverse swing, if they beat us 5-0 here after beating Pakistan 3-0 there. I am scared of this next test now. :( Innings defeat on the cards.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Man Bazball will be the greatest revolution in cricket since reverse swing, if they beat us 5-0 here after beating Pakistan 3-0 there. I am scared of this next test now. :( Innings defeat on the cards.
At least our gambhiring is based on what has occurred previously. More chance of yourselves and Pakistan becoming allies than England doing any of that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
At least our gambhiring is based on what has occurred previously. More chance of yourselves and Pakistan becoming allies than England doing any of that.
Hey, that would be a very acceptable outcome, esp. if we both can kick your teams' asses in cricket. Its not exactly retaliation for the colonizing but it will do. :p

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Hey, that would be a very acceptable outcome, esp. if we both can kick your teams' asses in cricket. Its not exactly retaliation for the colonizing but it will do. :p
No arguments here.

I reckon one of the only good things that the British Empire/colonial Britain did, was getting cricket spread to other countries.

The rest well we'd be in our pre 1st test chat conversations if we went there. Nobody wants that again :laugh: