• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. that is just Baz trying to get something going. I feel they would definitely play Anderson next game. He also works as a holding bowler and can bowl more than 4 overs on the trot too.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I meant from a legitimate source/channel i.e from the likes Supersport, Star, Sky etc. On YouTube you get a lot of randoms posting videos which I dont like clicking on.

But as someone previously mentioned I found some on the BCCI website :)
TNT sports is joint merger between Warner Bros/Discovery and BT.

In what realm is that dodgy :laugh:

But Sky that was Murdoch's for 25+ years is legit.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Both sides have plenty to ponder selection wise.

Obviously India will have to make at least 2 changes and whilst they do have options there are question marks whichever way they go. I'd imagine due to these injuries, Gill will keep his place.

As for us, the big question issue will be if Leach can't play.

Can they play Bashir, or will they play Dan Lawrence as the 4th spinner and it never hurts to have an extra batsmen.

I'd be surprised if Wood wasn't replace by either Robbinson or Jimmy, to provide a bit of control in the field.

I think we'll line up as follows:
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Lawrence
Foakes
Ahmed
Hartley
Anderson

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Both sides have plenty to ponder selection wise.

Obviously India will have to make at least 2 changes and whilst they do have options there are question marks whichever way they go. I'd imagine due to these injuries, Gill will keep his place.

As for us, the big question issue will be if Leach can't play.

Can they play Bashir, or will they play Dan Lawrence as the 4th spinner and it never hurts to have an extra batsmen.

I'd be surprised if Wood wasn't replace by either Robbinson or Jimmy, to provide a bit of control in the field.

I think we'll line up as follows:
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Lawrence
Foakes
Ahmed
Hartley
Anderson
I think either Bashir or Robinson in place of Lawrence but agree with the rest

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Their stadium names are almost as long as their people names.

Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman..

And their biggest movie star since the 80s...

Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad Chiranjeevi.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The one thing we haven't heard anything about is Leach. No word on his knee and what he actually did. Was it just bruising and his medical condition meant it swelled up loads and he may be ok? He bowled on the last day, not brilliantly but was able to so with a few days treatment he may yet be fit to play if they think he will only get similar problems plus the alarming strapping in the morning of day 4 may have been mind games.

Wouldn't rule him out yet.

Molehill

International Captain
The one thing we haven't heard anything about is Leach. No word on his knee and what he actually did. Was it just bruising and his medical condition meant it swelled up loads and he may be ok? He bowled on the last day, not brilliantly but was able to so with a few days treatment he may yet be fit to play if they think he will only get similar problems plus the alarming strapping in the morning of day 4 may have been mind games.

Wouldn't rule him out yet.
You don't generally stick heavy strapping on bruising, and the sight of him trying to climb a flight of steps was painful just to watch. But then he was still able to bowl later on. I suspect he'll be fit, which will leave the choice of seamer v Rehan. I suspect they'll go Rehan, Stokes will want to back him.

Also, we've talked a bit about the extra control that a seamer would bring. That's not really what Bazball does in the field, Stokes prefers to keep attacking and looking for wickets which is what Rehan will offer.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
BBC reporting Leach is a significant doubt but hasn't been ruled out completely.

His knee is still very swollen so it's not looking great.

So it's Bashir, a 2nd seamer or Dan Lawrence by the look of it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Is the Leach injury anything related to what kept him out of the Ashes (can't even remember for the life of me what that was tbh)?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Is the Leach injury anything related to what kept him out of the Ashes (can't even remember for the life of me what that was tbh)?
No, unrelated. It was a back injury (stress fracture?) that ruled him out last year.

Think he picked this one up mid-game in the first Test.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Leach was never going to train today was he? They will leave it as late as possible and give him as much rest as they can. He will probably have a fitness test tomorrow.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I would definitely leave Wood out for Robinson or Anderson. Wood's extra pace didn't seem to trouble anyone and he only bowled very short spells. I think you need a seamer with a bit more nous, if less pace, and who can bowl for longer. Anderson's your man, I think. I would not change the balance of the side and replace Leach with Lawrence. If Leach was fit, I'd potentially leave out Ahmed, but I don't think you can if Leach is unfit. It's whether you trust Bashir to come in and do more than another pacer, especially as Root is a frontline spinner now. I know Ahmed and Hartley are inexperienced, but Bashir genuinely is inexperience, with no FC record to draw on. But he impressed on the Lions, so maybe...

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Vizag had something in it for pace bowling when we toured some years back so if that's repeated two quicks might be the go.

danzydab

U19 12th Man
Leach in doubt for the second test. Two seamer strategy could be used if it is a flatter pitch. If they go for the all spin attack, then Rehan will keep his place as his batting is useful even if his bowling isnt the best

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would definitely leave Wood out for Robinson or Anderson. Wood's extra pace didn't seem to trouble anyone and he only bowled very short spells. I think you need a seamer with a bit more nous, if less pace, and who can bowl for longer. Anderson's your man, I think. I would not change the balance of the side and replace Leach with Lawrence. If Leach was fit, I'd potentially leave out Ahmed, but I don't think you can if Leach is unfit. It's whether you trust Bashir to come in and do more than another pacer, especially as Root is a frontline spinner now. I know Ahmed and Hartley are inexperienced, but Bashir genuinely is inexperience, with no FC record to draw on. But he impressed on the Lions, so maybe...
shreyas will become a threat if wood doesn't play

**** is ****ing **** but he will feel more confident at least