• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Chubb

International Regular
Excited to see Bashir. Leaving aside the visa issues, he is the first British Asian playing for Somerset to get a cap. My home region is not a very diverse or tolerant place (though it’s more diverse than when I was growing up there). Just good to see a guy come to Somerset and do so well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Excited to see Bashir. Leaving aside the visa issues, he is the first British Asian playing for Somerset to get a cap. My home region is not a very diverse or tolerant place (though it’s more diverse than when I was growing up there). Just good to see a guy come to Somerset and do so well.
Hasn't exactly done well for Somerset tbf. Just picked because he looks gun (and he does indeed look gun).

Molehill

International Captain
India A 192 all out, Potts 6-57 and Carse (not arse) 4-52.

At the end of this match, Potts should be transferred to the First Team Squad, I think he'd be in contention for a start in the 3rd Test.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Hasn't exactly done well for Somerset tbf. Just picked because he looks gun (and he does indeed look gun).
I'm pretty sure we had a discussion re English spin bowling opportunities and we said that England were almost better off picking blokes on potential rather than what they do in the County Championship because they often play games in conditions where they have nigh on a snowball in hell's chance of having an impact. In a way, I'm glad that England have gone down this route.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Fun how expectations can change after a single close game.

If we'd gone into the first Test with a spin attack of Ahmed/Hartley/Bashir we'd have written the game off from the start (most of us did even with Leach in there).

But with Hartley doing so well in the last innings and us winning the Test there's suddenly a ton of optimism that yeah, obviously these total newbies are just gonna smash India in their home conditions. Bazball is intoxicating.

I'm hyped tbh.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
So our 3 spinners, if you exclude Root, will have played only 3 tests and 40 odd FC games between them.

Say what you want about Stokes and McCullum- they back their own judgement and their players.

We could easily have gone in with 2 seamers or picked Lawrence but no, Bashir it is.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Fun how expectations can change after a single close game.

If we'd gone into the first Test with a spin attack of Ahmed/Hartley/Bashir we'd have written the game off from the start (most of us did even with Leach in there).

But with Hartley doing so well in the last innings and us winning the Test there's suddenly a ton of optimism that yeah, obviously these total newbies are just gonna smash India in their home conditions. Bazball is intoxicating.

I'm hyped tbh.
Great man management, they have made everyone in the squad feel a million bucks

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really encouraging from Potts, proving his doubters* wrong. Injuries permitting looks like he'll be a key player post Branderson.

*PEWS
Robinson and Woakes will almost certainly be in the side next summer and Wood/Tongue for the extra pace. Potts will be ne next in line I guess.

Not counting Jimmy, no idea how much longer he goes on after 700 wickets but if he is going to carry on Potts is pushed further down the pecking list.

Molehill

International Captain
Wondering when the last time was that two players in a Test team were born after another had made his International debut.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Wondering when the last time was that two players in a Test team were born after another had made his International debut.
The only one I am checking out is John Traicos - he made his debut for SA in 1970 before the wilderness years and then playing for Zimbabwe in 1992. Grant Flower was born after he made his debut, as was Alistair Campbell. So there is that. Don't know if anyone since then.

Molehill

International Captain
The only one I am checking out is John Traicos - he made his debut for SA in 1970 before the wilderness years and then playing for Zimbabwe in 1992. Grant Flower was born after he made his debut, as was Alistair Campbell. So there is that. Don't know if anyone since then.
I'm wondering if Tendulkar might've achieved it.

Molehill

International Captain
I'm enjoying some of the crazy stats coming out of this bowling attack. Average Test caps is 47, it's just that Jimmy has 183 of them!!